Just an Online Minute... Super Bowl By the Numbers
* Expected total TV viewership for Super Bowl XXXV: 135 million.
* There were 17 dot-coms advertising on Super Bowl XXXIV.
* There are 3 dot-coms advertising on Super Bowl XXXV.
* Number of dot-coms advertising on Super Bowl XXXIV that are no longer around for Super Bowl XXXV: 2. * Total game-time minutes in an NFL contest is 60.
* Total commercial time minutes during Super Bowl XXXV: 30.
* 58% of viewers say they pay more attention to ads during the Super Bowl than usual.
* 16% of viewers say they pay more attention to the ads than to the game.
* 17% of viewers said they were able to recall, a month later, which dot-coms advertised on last year's Super Bowl.
* Average cost of a 30-second commercial during Super Bowl I: $42,000.
* Average cost of a 30-second commercial during Super Bowl XXXV: $2.3 million.
* First year that every 30-second commercial cost at least a million dollars: 1996.
* 53% of Super Bowl XXXIV's audience were adults 18-49.
* Income CBS expects from ad sales for Super Bowl programming this year: $150 million
* 14% of Super Bowl XXXIV's audience were women over 50.
* Number of consecutive years Anheuser-Busch has been the exclusive beer advertiser on the Super Bowl: 13.
And last, but not least, 6% of Super Bowl viewers will call in sick to work the day after the Super Bowl.