This new research identifies key insights for approaches and messaging with this audience, particularly with regard to choice and selection of a family vehicle.
General Panel Demographics:
- 87% are women ages 18-34
- 79% are married or living with a partner
- 50% say their country of origin is Mexico
- 67% household income is $45,000 or less
- 60% are stay-at-home moms
- 74% have children ages 0-5 in the home
Key Outcomes & Marketing Opportunities:
Factors Influencing Purchase
- More than 56% of respondents said that expecting a child was a major factor influencing the purchase of a new vehicle
- Room for passengers (78%) is a major factor in choice, followed by safety/security and price/value
- Nearly all respondents said they test drove the vehicle that they purchased
- Respondents also said that they test drove other vehicles -- averaging two or more
- 1 of 4 purchase or leased a vehicle during the last year; a lesser percentage are considering purchasing in the next 12 months
- Most respondents indicate preference for a SUV or Minivan, followed by station wagon or four-door sedan
- The majority of respondents indicate they have a preference between foreign vs. domestic vehicles
- Toyota (21.9%), Ford (21.1%) and Honda (18.8%) lead in brand preference
- The majority of respondents say they receive information regarding family vehicles and auto safety via TV (79%) and the Internet (68%)
Hispanic moms are a key and influential target for automotive communications, particularly as related to selection and purchase of a new family vehicle.
Hispanic moms are a key and influential target for automotive communications, particularly as related to selection and purchase of a new family vehicle. There are many, many ways to positively influence buyer behavior of your vehicle brand by making mom the central point of your marketing communication platform:
- Understand her needs/walk in her shoes in terms of how her family and having children is an important factor in the vehicle that she purchases -- what is important to her, should be reflected in your messaging
- Provide her with tips and information that help her visualize the features and functionality that your automotive brand will bring to her -- if it saves her money, time or helps her store more stuff -- let her know.
- Don't limit yourself to TV spots -- the Internet, Video Downloads, Mobile, Grass Roots Events, In-Retail, non-traditional media, are all great ways to reach this busy mom.
- Remember she is a viral creature. If you build her trust, she will share your data with her friends and family -- priceless for any marketer.