Publicis Acquires BBH, Brazilian Affiliates Too
Paris-based Publicis this morning said it acquired 100% of renowned creative agency network, London-based Bartle Bogle Hegarty (BBH), and its Brazilian affiliate Neogama/BBH. Publicis said the deals involved two separate transactions, increasing its minority stakes in those agencies.
Publicis had previously owned 49% of BBH, which owned 34% of Neogama/BBH. The remaining 66% of Neogama/BBH was acquired from its founder, Alexandre Gama.
Terms were not disclosed, but BBH has an organization of about 1,000 employees worldwide, including offices in London, New York, Sao Paulo, Singapore, Shanghai, Mumbai and Los Angeles, and revenue (excluding Brazil) of 112.2 million euros in 2011.
Headquartered in Sao Paulo, with an office in Rio de Janeiro, Neogama/BBH employs about 270 people and had 2011 revenues of 42.2 million euros. The agency will retain its name, and will continue to be led by Founder and Chief Creative Officer Gama.
As part of the deal, two of Neogama/BBH affiliate digital agencies, Triacom and Made in Moon, will become part of Publicis.
Publicis has held a minority stake in the agency since 2002, when the group acquired Bcom3.
Publicis Chairman-CEO Maurice Levy said BBH’s management will continue to be independent and the network will “develop in its own way, in its own style, while benefiting from the support” from Publicis.