1. Single-Serve Brewing Systems – One of the hottest trends in kitchen electrics, this category remains energized and perky with new ideas and designs.
2. Specialty Kitchen Electrics – Popcorn makers and novelty baking appliances are inexpensive ways to have fun with something a little out of the ordinary right at home.
3. Home Soda Makers – Customization, convenience, and cost-savings all in one.
4. Slow Cookers – Convenience, a connotation of comfort food, entertaining versatility with multiple unit configurations for meals and/or dips, and portability all make this an attractive item for the holiday shopping list.
5. Fine Barware – A refined nod to a seemingly simpler time, aided by “Mad Men” on TV, and ice cubes made of stone to cool your spirits, this is a versatile gift suitable for either gender, and just about any beverage.
6. Men’s Facial Trimmers – If you haven’t yet noticed, more men are sporting facial hair including a variety of mustache looks.
7. Blankets & Comfort Bedding – Whether the focus is on making holiday guests comfortable, staying warm at home, or finding a gift for the person who has everything. After all, who doesn’t like a cozy blanket or something to make their mattress feel a little more luxurious?
8. Extreme and Versatile Blenders and Food Processors – These products are now more likely to be hybrids, delivering more versatility than ever before. Most popular today are the small, but, powerful blender/mixer/chopper systems and the high-end super-power pulverizing machines, some of which claim to ‘cook’ soup.
9. Cookware Sets – 'Tis the season for cooking. Celebrity-licensed selections and premium brands are most popularly featured.
10. Premium Vacuums – More likely a gift for themselves, consumers will take advantage of deeper promotions on something that is more affordable than a cleaning service. And, as we all know, Americans become more obsessed with taking care of their homes during the holiday season.
Source: The NPD Group Inc.