Tremor's Kilgore Named IAB Chair
For the second consecutive term, the Interactive Advertising Bureau has selected a top executive from a video-centric company as its chairman, naming Randy Kilgore, Chief Revenue Officer of Tremor Video, chairman of its board of directors for the 2013-14 term. Kilgore succeeds Peter Naylor, executive vice president-ad sales at NBC News Digital.
The announcement, which was made Sunday during the IAB’s Leadership Forum in Phoenix, also appointed Ziff Davis CEO Vivek Shah IAB Vice Chair, and named 11 new members.
As chairman of the IAB, Kilgore will take on five major industry objectives this year, including:
* Shifting brand dollars to digital
* Industry professionalism and promotion
* Protecting consumer privacy
* Making digital easy to buy and sell
* Promoting mobile video and multi-screen advertising
“In a fast-paced industry that is constantly in flux with new digital technologies, it is vital that we come together to cut through the complexity to offer brand marketers the types of multi-platform opportunities that drive real world results,” Kilgore stated.
The other new IAB board members include:
* Greg Clayman, Executive Vice President, Digital Strategy, NewsCorp
* Curt Hecht, Chief Global Revenue Officer, The Weather Company
* Mark Howard, Senior Vice President, Digital Advertising Sales, Forbes Media
* Cella Irvine, CEO, Vibrant
* Eric Johnson, Executive Vice President, Global Multimedia Sales, ESPN
* Neal Mohan, Vice President, Display Advertising, Google
* Mike Peralta, CEO, AudienceScience
* Tad Smith, President, Local Media, Cablevision
* John Trimble, Chief Revenue Officer, Pandora
* Jacob Weisberg, Chairman, Slate
* Mike Welch, President, AT&T AdWorks
Returning board members include:
* Joe Apprendi, CEO, Collective
* Tom Arrix, Vice President, U.S. Sales, Facebook
* Ned Brody, CEO, AOL
* Paul Caine, Executive Vice President, Chief Revenue Officer and Group President, Advertising, Time, Inc.
* Jean-Paul Colaco, Senior Vice President, Advertising, Hulu
* Kevin Conroy, President of Interactive, Enterprises, Marketing and Research, Univision Communications, Inc.
* Henrique de Castro, COO, Yahoo
* Jory Des Jardins, Co-Founder, President, Strategic Alliances, BlogHer
* Joan Gillman, Executive Vice President and CEO, Time Warner Cable
* Walker Jacobs, Executive Vice President, Turner Digital, Turner Broadcasting Inc.
* Mike Keriakos, President, Everyday Health
* Dave Madden, Senior Vice President, Global Media Sales, Electronic Arts
* David Morris, Chief Client Officer, CBS Interactive
* Paul Palmieri, President and CEO, Millennial Media
* Drew Schutte, Executive Vice President and Chief Integration Officer, Condé Nast
* Evan Sternschein, Executive Vice President, Discovery Communications
* Lisa Utzschneider, Vice President, Global Advertising Sales, Amazon.com
* Grant Whitmore, Vice President, Hearst Magazines Digital Media