Reach hundreds of thousands of subscribers and over 106,000 Twitter followers with one of our ads
Pearson - Advertising Manager
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always reexamining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology—and each other to surpass these boundaries—we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning K-12 group provides high-quality, highly accountable online education solutions to schools, school districts and students in grades K-12. It serves families and schools with a variety of digital learning and online school solutions including Connections Academy, International Connections Academy, and Pearson Connexus. The group, formerly known as Connections Education, is based in Columbia, Maryland and has been named a “Top Workplace” by the Baltimore Sun for three consecutive years and a “Best Place to Work” by Baltimore magazine. Recognized for its outstanding curriculum, high-quality teachers and leadership, Pearson Online & Blended Learning is committed to expanding quality education through technology, and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Position Location is Columbia, MD
Working from our office in Columbia, MD, the Advertising Manager will work directly with the Brand Director and will serve as the internal subject matter expert responsible for brand advertising strategy, planning, development and implementation of advertising creative for Pearson’s Online & Blended Learning division. The ideal candidate will have experience with the strategy development and implementation of multi-million dollar brand advertising campaigns across a variety of media including traditional channels (TV, radio, OOH, etc.) and emerging digital platforms. You will be responsible for ensuring that advertising plans align with the overall marketing strategy and deliver on company and brand goals. This position also includes management of external agency partners. This key team member should be a high energy and data-driven self-starter with the ability to come up with big ideas to drive change across the organization.
- Collaborate with Brand, Advertising, PR, Social Media, Creative, Demand Generation and Analytics teams to develop integrated marketing campaigns
- Develop brand advertising campaign strategy that drives innovation and impact by incorporating new and traditional creative in unique ways
- Evaluate research, develop points of view and craft advertising strategies and tactics to address business objectives
- Partner with analytics team to set, monitor and analyze KPIs to determine brand advertising campaign performance and optimizations.
- Support brand advertising plan, execution and maintenance; manage agency authorizations and plan actualizations
- Manage advertising campaign budgets, including monthly reconciliation and reporting
- Collaborate with other marketing and brand team members to ensure integration across channels and campaigns
- Develop a solid understanding of online K-12 school competitive category both nationally and locally
- Stay current with advertising and media trends and identify areas of opportunity
- Develop strong agency partner and vendor relationships
- Influence business partners on advertising approach via succinct, data-driven presentations
- Track, benchmark and report on key performance indicators
- Foster an environment of motivation, inspiration, curiosity and passion for the work we do
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5-7 years of advertising experience
- Previous management of large multi-media advertising campaigns and budgets; strong background in TV planning and buying a must
- Proven communication, presentation and influence skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects based on business-critical needs
- Experience writing advertising and creative briefs and working with marketing strategy and agency partners
- Experience developing advertising campaigns (national and local) for media including television, radio, print, out-of-home, digital and mobile
- Strong digital advertising and connected-TV experience
- At least 3 years of experience owning and managing national and local integrated advertising campaigns and budgets
- At least 1 year of experience managing advertising campaigns for Fortune 500 brands
Pearson Online & Blended Learning is focused on providing a flexible work environment for its employees, including the ability to work from home on a regular basis in most positions. We believe that flexibility in work/life balance is a critical part of our culture and employee satisfaction, and we are proud to provide to our employees the ability to work from anywhere, anytime. In exchange, we require that employees have the appropriate means to work remotely, including adherence to our work at home policies regarding home office setup, including but not limited to privacy of records, technology standards, equipment standards and expectations.
The following equipment will be provided to you by the company as a full-time employee:
- Laptop and phone
Contact email@example.com with any inquiries.
- City: Columbia
- Job posted on: Aug. 18, 2019
- Posting expires on: Sept. 17, 2019