Reach hundreds of thousands of subscribers and over 106,000 Twitter followers with one of our ads
Hirons - Media Planner/Buyer
Hirons is an advertising, public relations and digital agency delivering bold ideas. For more than 40 years, our research-based, results-driven approach has helped hundreds of clients reach their marketing and communications goals.
Hirons employees are especially enthusiastic and loyal because our unique structure provides each an ownership stake in the company. Together, we daily live out the Hirons mantra: Outwork, outthink, outperform.
We welcome your interest in joining our talented and dedicated team.
Hirons. Be bold.
Our headquarters are located in Indianapolis, Ind., but we are open to remote work for the right candidate. Some travel may be required.
At Hirons, our vision is to build upon the media department’s highly strategic client consultation approach by creating performance-driven media programs of value. Traditional media is utilized as clients’ marketing goals call for mass media but also align with the growing list of digital opportunities. Instead of viewing traditional and digital media as separate ways to buy, Hirons integrates the two, accomplishing one goal for the client.
Although digital media is becoming a driving force, the media department must remain committed to a foundation of offering well-designed, comprehensive media programs grounded in research, historical data, market knowledge, superior audience target analysis and media partnerships that are channel agnostic.
As the digital world keeps adapting and growing, so does Hirons. Currently, Hirons is involved in video, audio, out of home, print and digital advertising across multiple networks. Advanced targeting, A/B testing and continual optimizations are key in creating high-performing campaigns. Additionally, staying on top of technology and industry trends is crucial to maintaining growth and best practices. Hirons is committed to continuing its Google Premier Partnership to ensure our clients gain access to beta products, competitor data and additional strategic support. Relationships with Simpli.fi, Facebook, Bing and other networks continue to be necessary in creating diversified knowledge and support in the digital media space.
Media planner/buyer summary
The role of the media planner/buyer is to manage the day-to-day media planning and buying needs for an assigned list of clients. In order to ensure campaigns reach their target audiences as efficiently and effectively as possible, the media planner/buyer combines creative thinking with analysis to develop appropriate strategies. While job functions vary by client, a successful media planner/buyer will:
• Manage all projects for assigned clients on time and within budget
• Provide convincing research evidence for recommended client plans
• Stay on top of trends and find innovative ways to meet client goals
• Be knowledgeable in media software and research tools
Duties and responsibilities
• Be responsible for research and development of assigned client media plans and implementation for specific media outlets
• Conduct post-buy analysis and analyze media metrics as agreed upon on a client-by-client basis for each campaign, generating quarterly performance reports
• Analyze campaign performance and research results using a variety of tools
• Maintain client and media partner relationships
• Develop POVs on various media in the marketplace
• Make proactive recommendations to ensure client goals and measurable objectives are met
• Demonstrate mastery of the media and agency software applications
• Work on other projects/responsibilities as assigned
The Media Planner/Buyer reports to the Associate Media Director.
Qualifications and skills
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, journalism or a related field
• Minimum three years of experience in traditional buying
• Firm grounding in planning and implementation of media plans
• Strong negotiation skills
• Proven ability to maintain and manage client expectations and budgets
• Firm grounding in quantitative and qualitative research techniques
• Motivated, organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to handle all work in an ethical and courteous manner
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook
• Proficiency in Media software systems and research tools such as Freewheel/Strata, SQAD, Arbitron, Nielsen, comScore, SRDS, DoMedia, Simmons, Scarborough and MRI
All Hirons employee-owners are required to uphold the highest standards of ethical practice and business conduct. Hirons holds itself to the ethical standards set by the Public Relations Society of America, the American Advertising Federation (via the Institute for Advertising Ethics) and the Interactive Advertising Bureau. As a Hirons employee-owner, you are expected to:
• Be clear, forthright, direct and sincere in every interaction – whether with clients, colleagues, the media or the public.
• Do what you say you are going to do.
• Do the right thing.
• Always act in the best interest of the client.
• Always involve the client as a full partner.
• Treat everyone with dignity and respect.
• Be the colleague you want to have.
• Never say or do anything that you would not want to be a trending topic on Twitter.
• Never disparage a competitor, colleague or client.
• Earn, preserve and protect our reputation.
Equal opportunity employment policy
Hirons prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- City: Indianapolis
- Job posted on: May 14, 2021
- Posting expires on: June 24, 2021
- Respond to: hirons.com/careers