The donation is based on totaling all of the its N.A. store sales during the Bowl's 46-minute fourth quarter, combined with a Facebook fan page ad campaign that donated $1 per new registered Hooters fan to the fund.
The money raised will feed approximately 300,000 children in Haiti through Stop Hunger Now, an international hunger relief organization that coordinates the distribution of food and other life-saving aid around the world.
In addition, Hooters has announced that its Concord, North Carolina location will offer several promotions/giveaways during the week of Feb. 14, including:
* Feb. 14: First 100 guests at the location received a NASCAR Driver Race ticket, and the two guests with the Daytona 500 winner will receive $500 each.
* Feb. 15: Hooters will match up to $2,500 of its Concord, N.C. sales, to be donated to the Charlotte, N.C. division of Operation Homefront, the nonprofit providing assistance to U.S. troops and their families.
* Feb. 17: The first 100 guests at the location will receive free wings for one year.
* Feb. 18: Starting at 6 p.m., every 30 minutes, one guest at the restaurant location will receive $200, for a total cash giveaway of $2,000.
* Feb. 19: Three pairs of tickets to the ACC Tournament will be given away through a drawing starting at 7 p.m. (must be present to win).--Karlene Lukovitz