Pushing Press Freedom: 1st Amendment Campaign Launches

  • July 1, 2010
The "1 For All" advertising campaign promoting the value of First Amendment freedoms launched Thursday -- and if organizers get their wish, it won't end for literally decades to come, reports E&P. Only 4% of Americans can name all the "five freedoms" guaranteed in the Amendment, and the other 96% are not embarrassed by their ignorance. When Freedom Forum CEO Ken Paulson watched focus groups in Boston and Dallas talking about the First Amendment, he noticed a universal reaction: boredom. But they became excited when talking about their personal freedom to express themselves, says Paulson.

Next story loading loading..