The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) and its Digital Video Center of Excellence today will announce a new 19-member Board of Advisors that it says will work on issues surrounding video’s growth in mobile, over-the-top and all other platforms. It is expected to provide advice that will range from technology to content, measurement, research and even the IAB’s NewFronts. The board is composed largely of senior brand managers and media buyers and executives.
“A deep understanding between media buyers and sellers is critical in overcoming challenges and finding opportunities in the digital video advertising arena,” said Anna Bager, IAB senior vice president, mobile and video and general manager of the Digital Video Center.
The board’s existence highlights the importance the center places on the role of buyers and brands as online video grows. To demonstrate that, Mike Law, a board member and executive vice president at Dentsu Aegis, will represent media buyers and Peter Naylor, Hulu’s senior vice president, advertising sales and chairman of the board of the Digital Video Center, will provide the publisher perspective in a discussion at the IAB Digital Video Marketplace conference on Monday, June 8 in New York.
According to the IAB’s announcement, here are the names and titles for members of the new board:
· Jordan Bitterman - Chief Strategy Officer, Mindshare
· Ari Bluman - Chief Digital Investment Officer, GroupM
· David Cohen - Chief Investment Officer, UM
· Mac Delaney – Senior Vice President, Programmatic, SMG Group
· Carl Fremont, Global Chief Digital Officer, MEC
· Marianne Gambelli - Chief Investment Officer, Horizon
· Jennifer Gardner - Director Media Investment and Partnerships, Unilever
· Jon Halvorson - Director, Global Media & Entertainment, General Motors
· Adam Kasper - Chief Media Officer, Havas
· Mike Law - Executive Vice President, Managing Director, Video Investment, Dentsu Aegis
· John Lisko, Executive Communications Director, Saatchi & Saatchi
· Kristian Magel - Chief Investment Officer, Initiative
· John Muszynski - Chief Investment Officer, Spark
· John Nitti - Chief Investment Officer, ZenithOptimedia
· Lou Paskalis - Senior Vice President - Enterprise Media Executive, Bank of America
· Amanda Richman – President, Investment & Activation, Starcom WW
· Jonathan Schaaf - President, Digital Investment, Omnicom Media Group
· Adam Shlachter - Chief Investment Officer, DigitasLBi
· Julian Zilberbrand – Executive Vice President, Activation Standards, Insights and Technology, Zenith