Ailes Remains Most Powerful Name In Fox News, Reports To All Three Murdochs

21st Century Fox this morning said Roger Ailes has signed a new, multi-year contract and will continue to serve as chairman-CEO of Fox News and Fox Business Network, and chairman of Fox Television Stations.

The announcement, which was made jointly by Rupert Murdoch, Lachlan Murdoch and James Murdoch, follows the recent restructuring of the company’s C-suite and speculation that Ailes would continue to report to Rupert Murdoch.

The company said Ailes will report jointly to the three Murdochs.

“Nearly two decades ago, Roger took a bold idea rooted in the belief that there was room for more choice in cable news, and – much to all the naysayers’ surprise – through his development of vibrant programming and talent, created a behemoth of a business with one of the most passionate and engaged audiences in the history of television news,” stated Rupert Murdoch, who officially becomes 21st Century Fox’s Executive Co-Chairman on July 1.

“Roger and I have always had, and will continue to have, a special relationship. Lachlan, James and I are delighted that Roger will be leading key businesses for us and our shareholders for years to come, and he has our unwavering support,” he added.



2 comments about "Ailes Remains Most Powerful Name In Fox News, Reports To All Three Murdochs".
Check to receive email when comments are posted.
  1. Douglas Ferguson from College of Charleston, June 25, 2015 at 1:01 p.m.

    It's not the only echo chamber, but it's the one with the largest audience.

  2. Stan Valinski from Multi-Media Solutions Group, June 26, 2015 at 1:06 a.m.

    He has done a great job. He now has 25% of the country believing his BS. Thank the Good Lord for giving the other 75% some common sense & intelligence. Delusional Narcissism and demonization does sell...just ask Trump.

Next story loading loading..