Leave it to the experts to say it best. This year, readers were most interested in cross-device methodology, programmatic video, mobile, metrics, scaling native advertising -- and which ad-tech
companies will achieve relevance in the long-term. Here are 2015's most-read Real-Time Daily
commentaries from professionals in the programmatic space:
- "The Ad-Tech Wave Is Gonna Crash" by Frank Sinton, CEO, Beachfront Media: "Yes, the ad
tech market is exploding... But as great as that opportunity is, it’s simply not great enough to support the number of companies competing for a slice of that pie."
- "Google Fiber Ads Vs. Facebook Audiences" by Brian Wieser, senior research
analyst, Pivotal Research Group: "The underlying dream of buying discrete volumes of precisely targeted TV ads persists for many... It’s about making TV as targeted as the web,
ensuring that dog food ads only go to dog owners and allaying concerns for the advertiser who knows half of her advertising is wasted but doesn’t know which half."
- "5 Things Marketers Still Don't Get About Programmatic" by Dennis Buchheim:
including the fact that "programmatic platforms helps buyers avoid cyclical buying patterns with a one-message-fits-all approach and adjust to the needs and
interests of customers and prospects."
- "Accounting for Ad Tech And
Agencies" by Brian Wieser: "Overall, we think that agency holding companies would benefit from the provision of more explicit break-outs of net and gross revenues, especially as proprietary
trading activities become increasingly common going forward."
- "Probabilistic or Deterministic: What's the Best Cross-Device Methodology?"
by Laura Koulet, senior product manager, DataXu
- "Death Of
The Centralized Agency Trading Desk?" by Brian Wieser
- "How To Scale
Native Programmatic Advertising" by Jeremy Kayne, chief technology officer, Bidtellect
- "Programmatic Video Prepares For Takeoff" by Jeff Davis, CEO, Molio: "While video
is dealing with the growing pains that accompany every channel that undergoes automation, the next few years will be thrilling to be part of as programmatic video begins to hit its
- "My Programmatic Predictions For 2016" by Ben Plomion,
- "Why Viewability Metrics Can't Predict
Advertising ROI" by Julia Amorim, CEO, MediaNet: "Of course, in digital advertising as in everything else, the unavoidable truth is that you get what you pay