Betches Media Debuts Latest Podcast, Brand Expands To Health Space

Betches Media debuted its fifth podcast this week, as the brand digs deeper into audio and health and wellness topics.

Betches Media, created in 2011 by Aleen Kuperman, Samantha Fishbein and Jordana Abraham, aims to “tell it like it is” with its comedic and entertaining content aimed at millennial women - and its newest podcast is no different. 

Called “Diet Starts Tomorrow,” the podcast is hosted by Kuperman and Fishbein in their conversational tone, as they discuss their personal weight loss journeys. “We are always speaking to the audience in the way that they speak to each other,” Fishbein told Publishers Daily.

The podcast aims to “offer listeners real insights about the realities of health and wellness, and the road to achieving balance,” according to the company, as well as cover “the reality of the psychological and emotional side of weight struggles.”



The podcast premiered with an interview with Kayla Itsines, the Australian personal trainer known for her Bikini Body Guide workout program.

On Tuesday, “Diet Starts Tomorrow” was No. 4 in comedy podcasts on iTunes, and No. 27 in all podcasts on the platform.

Betches Media launched its first podcast in 2016. The other four cover reality TV series "The Bachelor," dating, news and politics, and pop culture.

Fishbein said the company is working on securing partnerships for “Diet Starts Tomorrow.”

“Betch Slapped” and “U Up?,” the pop culture and dating podcasts, respectively, air ads for sponsoring brands, such as Hinge, the movie “Thoroughbreds,” Parachute Home, Framebridge, Blue Apron and Adam & Eve.

About 80% of Betches Media’s revenue comes from brand partnerships; the other 20% is from ecommerce, mostly comprised of apparel and other products with tongue-in-cheek phrases and graphics.

Brand partnerships for Betches Media range from custom memes or videos on Instagram for clients, branded articles on the Betches website, or mentions in its podcasts. (Beches has 6.1 million followers on Instagram, its biggest social platform; "Diet Starts Tomorrow" already has its own handle.)

Fishbein said the company’s goal for this year is to expand its podcast offerings and its health and wellness content on the Betches website. Podcasts “are the most direct way to speak to our audience,” Fishbein said.

Episodes of “Diet Starts Tomorrow” will be released every Sunday.

Next story loading loading..