New NBCUniversal CEO Jeff Shell is making major structural shifts with key senior-level management changes -- with a focus on streaming and TV news platforms.
Mark Lazarus -- who had been chairman, NBCUniversal Broadcast, Entertainment and Lifestyle Group, Sports and News -- will now become chairman of NBCUniversal Television and Streaming, which will include the forthcoming Peacock, which will be launched broadly in mid-July.
His responsibilities will now include all NBC entertainment units -- broadcast TV networks, NBC Television Network and Telemundo -- and cable entertainment networks, including USA, Syfy, Bravo, Oxygen, E!, Universal Kids, international Networks, and streaming platforms.
News operations will now be headed up by Cesar Conde, who will have the title of chairman, NBCUniversal News Group, which will include NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC. Conde is transitioning from chairman of NBCUniversal Telemundo Enterprises.
Former head of all news TV operations Andy Lack, president of NBC News Group, is departing. Noah Oppenheim, president of NBC News; Phil Griffin, president of MSNBC; and Mark Hoffman, chairman of CNBC will now report to Conde.
Lazarus and Conde report directly to Shell. Shell took over for longtime NBCU Steve Burke in January.
NBCUniversal’s senior executives who continue to report to Shell include:
• Matt Bond, Chairman, Content Distribution
• Bonnie Hammer, Chairman of NBCUniversal Content Studios
• Kim Harris, EVP and General Counsel
• Kathy Kelly-Brown, SVP, Strategic Initiatives
• Anand Kini, EVP and Chief Financial Officer
• Donna Langley, Chairman, Universal Filmed Entertainment Group
• Ron Meyer, Vice Chairman
• Adam Miller, EVP
• Craig Robinson, EVP and Chief Diversity Officer
• Tom Williams, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Universal Parks & Resorts
• Linda Yaccarino, Chairman of Advertising Sales & Client Partnerships
New executives reporting to Lazarus include:
• Frances Berwick, President, Lifestyle Networks
• Ken Bettsteller, President, International Networks
• Peter Bevacqua, President, NBC Sports Group
• Philip Martzolf, President, NBCUniversal Affiliate Relations
• Chris McCumber, President, Entertainment Networks
• Valari Staab, President, NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations
• Matt Strauss, Chairman of Peacock
• Paul Telegdy, Chairman, NBC Entertainment