Microsoft has reversed its decision to ban ads from
The company on Tuesday announced that it will pause ads for several reasons as the advertiser completes the Advertiser Identity Verification (AIV) process for new
“After additional review and consideration, our approach to unverified advertisers has been slightly modified to provide additional time to optimize our process while reducing
impact to our customers,” Microsoft wrote in a blog post.
If the process has not been completed by the time the advertisement runs, Microsoft will pause the ads for the following
- Advertisers whose ads will serve in the European Economic Area (EEA) will have 30 days to complete verification for ads to continue serving in the EEA.
- If AIV
is not complete within 30 days, eligibility to serve ads in the EEA will be suspended until successful completion of AIV.
- Advertisers whose account has been flagged by
systematic checks related to risk for advertisers or those who use their products.
- Ads will not serve globally until successful completion of AIV.
- Advertisers whose account has been suspended for policy violations, who have not already completed AIV.
- Successful completion of AIV will be the first step for the advertiser to be
able to appeal the suspension.