The Dawn of Discovery and the New Path to Purchase
The winding path to purchase forced search marketers to rethink attribution and emerging technologies, media and ad units. Search marketers are now responsible for more than search engine marketing. Their role and job requirements have moved into all these related areas and devices as the media consumers use continue to evolve and change. Forthcoming changes like Google Hummingbird, and Microsoft Cortana, the code name for a system similar to Google Now, will prove challenging but also present opportunities for new forms of content marketing.
Search took 43% of the available advertising revenue in the first half of 2013, per the Internet Advertising Bureau, but the new path to purchase is expected to ignite budgets. At the Search Insider Summit, experts put into context the requirements for this fast changing world. We'll find out how marketers will need to do their jobs in 2014. Panelists will dish-up insights on leveraging social data, what the future holds for the organizational chart, how to find missing data and how to use it, how to make the most of native advertising and what to expect from local and cross-channel media buying.
The Search Insider Summit is brought to you by the MediaPost journalists and editors that produce Search Marketing Daily and the Search Insider, important sources of news and commentary for the search marketing community.
Laurie Sullivan, Senior Writer, MediaPost
Blessin Lam, Director of Analytics, Edmunds
Janel Laravie, Founder, Chacka Marketing
Kevin Ryan, CEO, Motivity Marketing
Dana Todd, CMO, Aftermath
Jim Yu, Founder, BrightEdge
Ryan Durham, Brand Manager of Digital, DISH
Mike Hurt, EVP of Market Research, comScore
Kevin Lee, Founder, Didit
Video from the 2012 Winter Summit:
* Unparalleled access and knowledge sharing with the leading minds in the Search Marketing Industry
* Opportunity to hear from and interact with over 40 speakers who are senior level brand marketers and solutions providers
* Morning Sessions provide best practices, case studies, and newest tactics which can all be applied to your marketing strategies
* Be part of driving the Search Channel forward as a key component of marketing campaigns, within your company and the industry
* Unlimited access to stay in touch with the office: WiFi enabled conference room and quite office area; opportunities in morning to stay up to date at the office; afternoon five hour break in order to stay on top of duties
* Congenial, relaxed experience. No one on ones, all attendees are working together to promote Search Marketing
* Enhance your Search Marketing initiatives with new solutions learned and partnerships gained
Brand Marketer Program
Insider Summits are complimentary to Brand Marketers who meet our requirements.
To qualify, you must:
* Control the Search strategy and budget at your company
* Currently work at a well-known consumer brand
* Serve as Senior Level Management or above
* Agree to attend all sessions and all 3 days of the Summit
Complimentary Brand Marketer pass includes:
* Summit registration ($2995 value)
* Accommodations at the Resort for three nights
* No Charge Activities
* Meals, drinks and functions over three days
To begin the application process simply send your full contact info and one or two sentences about your role to Rob McEvily at email@example.com.
What your peers have to say about the summit:
"Simply the best and most informative Search conference I have been to. Real SEM experts with real experience talking candidly about their experiences."
- Steve Gibson, Associate Search Director, Garage Team Mazda
"MediaPost's Search Insider Summit is a must-attend industry event. This search conference has all the right people discussing the key topics that matter. Want to be a better online marketer? This is where the industry veterans go - SIS doesn't waste precious time with introductory-level content. You get right into the nitty-gritty on the latest industry trends and challenges. The Search Insider Summit is three days well-spent!"
- Laura DeGraff, Director, Digital Acquisition, Barclaycard
"Unlike any other event I’ve ever attended. The venue, the programming, the speakers, the attendees, the networking opportunities - everything about this event is at a different level."
- Lance Loveday, CEO, Closed Loop Marketing
"The combination of a small number of great attendees, excellent content, afternoon activities, and evening social events makes the Search Insider Summit the best search conference to make genuine, valuable connections."
- Lucinda Holt, CEO, ClickEquations
"The Search Insider Summit was a stellar event! I very much enjoyed and appreciated the intimate, one-on-one environment where we were able to network with thought leaders from our industry. This is an event I would definitely attend again and recommend to any of my colleagues!"
- Valerie Anderson, Search Director, Maxus
"The Search Insider Summit is an incredible conference. It is the perfect blend of panel/speaker sessions, information sharing, and networking. I am always looking for new contacts both for information sharing and for business partnerships, and I definitely came away from this with both."
- Robyn Foo, Marketing Director, Travelzoo
"The Search Insider Summit exceeded my expectations. The intimate environment and exclusive list of attendees make this conference the ideal setting for building relationships with thought leaders and key decision makers in the industry. Being able to discuss hot topics and share ideas in a relaxed social environment really gives the sense of community building. The experience was invaluable… and you can be sure I’ll be there at your next event this year!"
- Geoffrey Shenk, Chief Revenue Officer, Ampush
"The Search Insider Summit was a wonderful Summit for me because I am new to SEM. I was able to learn from experienced search marketing peers, hear about real case studies to learn about successful optimization, and get inside info on trending and where SEM is headed for the future."
- Diane Devlin, WW Advertising and Media, Brocade