Our editors press senior agency executives on how they are knitting coherent plans from this fragmented media scape of linear and advanced TV, digital display and video, mobile screens, the social and search oligopoly and post-advertising marketing efforts. How are concerns around transparency, brand safety, privacy, the tug of performance metrics and a consolidating media industry impacting immediate planning?
And then we turn to some of our favorite futurists, borrow their crystal balls and predict how current and emerging channels will dominate the media plans of 2024. Are any of the bright shiny objects in tech – blockchain, AI, VR, Internet of Things - worth a solid bet? And how will we manage and secure the data and automation needed to drive such complex systems? Will humans even be doing the 2024 media plan?
We will explore:
- The state of media budgets in 2019 and how they may change by year’s end
- Allocation shifts across digital/analog channels and he new customer journey
- Attention vs. engagement
- How and where more advanced data are driving media decisions and measuring impact
- Are marketing and DR budgets supplanting branding and ad spend?
- The impact of trust and accountability on media decisions
- Managing the digital oligopoly
- Blockchain, AI, IoT and the next platforms and media tech to watch
- Understanding the new consumer and an attention economy