After decades of predicting the upfront's deathknell, television's advanced advertising sales season is alive and well, and bigger than ever. Yes, the Big 4 broadcast networks, may be squeezed by an increasing number of cable and digital players, but there is more attention, frenzy and hype in the upfront marketplace than ever before. Will ad budgets follow, or have alternative options gotten to the point that advertisers and media buyers no longer feel pressured and may just sit things out. Or will 2019-20 be upfront business as usual?
- Wayne Friedman, West Coast Editor, MediaPost
- Gibbs Haljun, Managing Director, Media Investment, GroupM
- Jason Kanefsky, Chief Investment Officer, Havas Media
- Mike Law, Head of US Media Investment, Dentsu Aegis Network
- John Muszynski, Chief Investment Officer, Publicis Media Exchange (PMX)