The age of “impressions” is over. In a digitally distracted mediascape of fragmented attention – engagement is the name of the game for publishers now. Whether it is deepening direct connections to consumers, delivering real impact for advertisers, or building trust in your brand – quality matters now more than quantity.
At the annual fall edition of the Publishing Insider Summit in Austin media companies share the many ways they are getting beyond chasing scale and instead building engagement:
- By widening the palette of paid, subscription and ad-supported media products for consumers.
- By integrating advertisers more deeply into the content experience.
- By leveraging new experiential channels like events, podcasts, digital radio and smart speakers to make deeper connections with users.
- By building bridges with social influencers for their own media brands and for marketing partners.
- By leveraging data to inform both personalized advertising and more personally meaningful editorial.
“Impressions” and “eyeballs” are so 20th Century. “Scale” is so 2016. Quality must trump mere quantity if media expect to build sustainable businesses into the next decades. At the Austin Summit, Engagement is the watchword.
Jim Spanfeller, Founder & CEO, The Spanfeller Group
Publisher VIP Program:
Select publishing executives are eligible for a VIP Pass to attend the Publishing Insider Summit. To see if you qualify, please contact Kevin Massa at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For speaker consideration please complete the speaker proposal form. Due to the high volume of speaker proposals that we receive we will only be able to notify those whose proposals have been selected. All proposals must go through this form, no exceptions. Do not contact other MediaPost representatives regarding speaker opportunities.
For questions regarding sponsorship of this event please contact Jon Whitfield, VP, Event Sales at email@example.com.
For press inquiries, please contact Ken Fadner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For general summit inquiries please contact Maya Abulashvili, Coordinator of Events and Conferences at email@example.com.
For questions about or to apply to the VIP Program please contact Kevin Massa, Manager of Brand & Agency Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.