As the world begins to recover and slowly reopen from the COVID-19 crisis, advertisers are still facing an unpredictable horizon. Uncertainty surrounding sports and live events, postponed upfronts, the explosion of streaming and OTT, have all transformed the TV media landscape as we know it.
The lockdown had a profound impact on consumer behavior. More time at home resulted in a dramatic increase in video consumption across all media channels; including linear TV, digital, streaming services and mobile. Now, as states ease shelter-in-place orders, traditional TV usage is normalizing while CTV viewing remains well above pre-pandemic levels; suggesting life in the new normal will include higher connected TV usage than before the shutdown.
Consumer spending is also unpredictable. As people continue to cope with health risks, the economic downturn and challenges from systemic racism; they’re expecting more from the companies they choose. In response, brands not only need to consistently reevaluate their target audience, but also continue to adjust both their messaging and actions to connect in more meaningful ways.
Through all of this, marketing budgets are down. Advertisers need to remain agile while continuing to monitor shifts in audience behavior. Which trends are temporary and which ones will endure moving forward? Steadfast media plans and marketing strategies no longer hold true, so how are savvy marketers planning in this unpredictable media market? As we move past the crisis, what will COVID-19’s impact on the media landscape be for years to come?
Brands and advertising agencies come together at the annual fall edition of MediaPost’s TV & Video Insider Summit to tackle the challenges in these uncertain times ahead...
- Short and long-term media planning when consumer behavior and the economy are in flux
- Planning and tracking cross-platform campaigns without a unified measurement system
- Leveraging audience buying to improve scale in OTT & CTV
- Opportunities and challenges created by different channels; i.e. TikTok
- Adapting creative for remote work environment
- Tone, context and relevance of advertising message during a crisis
- Reallocating budgets after channel pauses, absence of live sports, the changing upfront landscape and upcoming elections
At MediaPost's fall gathering of TV & Video experts we turn to the people who are planning, buying and strategizing during these unpredictable times.
Conference Content Programmers
Lisa Singer, Event Editorial Manager, MediaPost
Insider Summits are complimentary to Brand & Agency Execs who meet our requirements. To qualify, you must:
* Control the TV/Video strategy and budget for a major consumer brand
* Serve as Senior Level Management or above
* Agree to attend all sessions of the Summit
If you meet the requirements and would like to join us, simply send your full contact info and one or two sentences about your role to Kevin Massa at firstname.lastname@example.org.