Our Programming Committee is working on putting together the agenda with the latest topics. Please check back on the site often for real-time updates on session details and speaker line-up! Meanwhile you can take a peek at the Previous Event's Agenda.
Previous Event Agenda
Mobile Insider Summit: Jan 2014
- Steve Smith , Senior Editor, MediaPost
As technologies, opportunities, use cases and audiences evolve on mobile platforms, marketers must always test, learn, reiterate. A Summit focused on mobile tactics starts by following a major national brand, Quiznos, as it explored the emerging opportunities in mobile – from location-aware mobile banners to connected-car geo-targeted audio ads, from local store customer acquisition programs to leveraging in-game native marketing through the ubiquitous Fruit Ninja. Quiznos is among the most adventurous mobile marketers. What have they learned about the efficacy of the platform’s many channels?
- Tim Kraus , Director of Digital Marketing, Quiznos
Despite tons of regrettable executions, futile and expensive distribution campaigns, and development headaches, the branded app is still one of the best tools digital marketing has seen for engaging the loyal customer. But what is stage two…or three for marketers with successful app audiences? How are they mining the usage data to inform redesign and gain customer insight? How are they synchronizing experiences and marketing campaigns across desktop/mobile Web and app? Let’s revisit the branded app without hype or prejudice.
- Todd Thiessen , SVP, Strategy, Razorfish
- John Faith , SVP, External Affairs, RetailMeNot
- Matt Goynes , Mobile Marketing Manager, Hotels.com
- Trevor O'Brien , EVP, Executive Creative Technology Director, Deutsch LA
- Brad Wahl , VP of Marketing, Cracker Barrel
- Jennifer Williams , Digital Marketing Manager, Homes.com/ForRent.com
How do you compete in a crowded food marketplace with a small budget? Pop Secret, working with its agency Deutsch LA, eschewed traditional marketing in favor of a series of digital experiments designed to make it the most talked-about popcorn brand. They achieved their goals with experiments such as Perfect Pop, an app designed to keep people from ever burning their popcorn again; Poptopia, the first scented smart phone game; a movie-dating partnership with OK Cupid; and Pop Over, an app to organize movie nights with Facebook friends. Senior Director of Marketing for Diamond Foods Burke Raine will explore the challenges of invention in marketing, how to manage experimentation, and why risks can be worth taking.
- Burke Raine , Senior Director of Marketing, Diamond Foods
Even on devices, search is the bulwark of digital marketing and the largest part of many budgets. But we all know that device-based searchers come with different needs and in a range of modes. How do you optimize for this? How is mobile changing SEO/SEM and search’s integration with display and site tactics? The Google ‘Enhanced Campaign’ was supposed to make this easier and deliver greater insights across screens. What have marketers learned in its first year about how the same old backbone of the Web becomes something new as it gets untethered? We ask two of the leading search marketing gurus to collaborate on the five takeaways every brands should have on m-search.
- Cindy Krum , CEO, Mobile Moxie
- Bryson Meunier , Director, SEO Strategy, Resolution Media
No other digital channel has a tool as immediate, personal, viewable as the direct message. SMS/MMS and now app alerts are precisely timed and almost always viewed. Add to that email, now often viewed first on devices, and brands have an unprecedented opportunity to marry message with moment. But who is unlocking mobile’s best kept secret – CRM through real messaging tactics with customers?
- Patrick Collins , SVP, Mobile and Experience Group, Merkle
- Josh Glantz , VP, General Manager , Publishers Clearing House Digital
- Annica Kreider , VP of Brand Development, Mellow Mushroom
- Allen Mason , VP Strategy, Communications, Media, dunnhumby
- Matt Wise , CEO, HelloWorld (formerly ePrize)
One core role for the traditional agency has been to mine the gold rush of new and good ideas on behalf of clients and find the genuine nuggets. And so, over the course of the three day summit we'll end each morning leaning forward ... as we ask a senior agency executive to present three "picks" of startups, apps, ad formats or technologies that should be front and center on marketers’ radar for 2014.
- Tim Dunn , Director of Strategy and Mobile, Roundarch Isobar
What Does a Mobile Search Plan Look Like? - Table Co-Leads: Bryson Meunier, Director SEO Strategy, Resolution Media; Cindy Krum, CEO, Mobile Moxie
Designing, Building and Re-Building Your Mobile CRM - Table Lead: Michael Foschetti, Managing Director, Havas Discovery
Messaging Tactics for SMS/MMS/Alerts/M-Email - Table Lead: Matt Wise, CEO, ePrize
Getting App Analytics Right - Table Lead: Patrick Collins, SVP, Mobile and Experience Group, Merkle
Golf at Captiva Island Golf Club
Catamaran Sailing Tour
Kayaking, Bryant Bayou
Ocean Flow Yoga
The use of mobile technology has dramatically changed the way consumers shop. Retailers are challenged with the complexity of how to best use mobile phones and tablets to better compete and deliver an omni-channel experience consumers crave. Mobile technology’s role in the buying journey is exploding and smart retailers are making their investments in mobile campaigns pay off. In this keynote we will explore trends on how consumers are using their mobile devices to shop. Microsoft will report on its strategy to arm retailers with mobile tools, campaigns and content to be successful.
- Christian Johanneson , Director, Worldwide, Digital Retail Marketing, Microsoft
‘Showrooming’ is so 2012. The promise of mobile technology in and near the store is not about hijacking retail shoppers, it's about enriching and empowering a shopping experience consumers love. How have leading retailers embraced in-store devices as a way to revolutionize brick and mortar? From shopping apps to product scans, mobile couponing to streamlined loyalty programs, how is that trip to the mall being augmented best by devices?
- Chuck Martin , Bestselling Author and Columnist, MediaPost
- John Caron , Vice President, Marketing, Catalina
- Alistair Goodman , CEO, Placecast
- Kayla Green , Director of Digital Strategy, Saatchi & Saatchi, LA
- Adam Guy , SVP, Business Development, Millward Brown Digital
Location and proximity to purchase have been the long-promised strengths of mobile marketing, and it turns out that more is going on at the neighborhood level on devices than the press usually covers. Geo-conquesting, couponing, geo-fenced and targeted display, and (especially) search have already become commonplace for local agencies and their clients. Who is doing what, and what scale, efficiency and results are we seeing in that last mile of marketing?
- Maria Harrison , Principal, Bullseye Strategy
- Gabriel Cheng , Mobile Lead, M&C Saatchi
- Michael Foschetti , Managing Director, Havas Discovery
- Dan Israel , Strategy Lead, Mobile Practice, SapientNitro
Here comes another ‘holy grail.’ This time marketers are chasing the cross platform experience to capture users as they traverse screens and ‘journey’ towards consumption. But are we even close to this yet? How are vendors, agencies and publishers really identifying and following the same customer across platforms? What is real and what's smoke and mirrors? And is relentless retargeting of users with the same ads everywhere really a strategy? How can true cross-platform campaigning leverage screen, time of day and context to accompany, rather than pester, a consumer towards a purchase decision?
- Jordan Greene , Principal/Mobile Media, MellaMedia
- Alex Andreyev , Director of Omnichannel Marketing, Neo@Oglilvy
- Kim Clifford , VP, Insight and Planning, Critical Mass
- Matt Leger , Director of Sales - Mobile, Social & Innovation, Yahoo
- Are Traasdahl , CEO, Tapad
Our second agency executive filters signal from noise to recommend the mobile marketing radar blips to track and test.
- Angela Steele , CEO, Ansible Mobile
Mobile and the Better Shopping Experience - Table Lead: Chuck Martin, Editor, Mobile Commerce Daily, Mediapost
Re-Engineering Social Strategies for Mobile - Table Lead: Tim Dunn, Director of Strategy and Mobile, Roundarch Isobar
Understanding the Local Mobile Opportunities - Table Lead: Maria Harrison, Principal, Bullseye Strategy
What Does Cross-Platform Mean, Anyway? - Table Lead: Jordan Greene, Principal/Mobile Media, MellaMedia
Gulf Fishing Charter
Remote Island Hop & Dolphin Cruise
Golf at Sanctuary Golf Course
Mobile is revolutionizing the way we shop for cars. Join Kimberley Gardiner, Director of Digital Marketing Strategy for Toyota Motor Sales, USA as she discusses how Toyota is innovating in this new path to purchase. With tools that solve for each phase - from the living room to the showroom to the driver's seat, hear how shopping for a car is now a dynamic journey, with mobile connecting each moment together.
- Kimberley Gardiner , National Marketing Director, Toyota
Just when you were getting used to the desktop video environment, suddenly 40% of YouTube content is being streamed to smartphones and tablets. Once again, eyeballs are ahead of the marketer curve. So how should digital video strategy adjust to viewing in new contexts, on smaller screens and under new use cases? How does mobilization change a paid vs. earned video strategy? Distribution tactics? The creative itself? Are there real opportunities for location and behavioral targeting that put rich video engagements with product even closer to that “zero moment of truth?”
- Molly Elmore , VP of Insights & Analytics, InsightExpress
- Ian Chee , Chief Strategy Officer, MRY
- Tamara Gaffney , Principal Analyst , Adobe Digital Index
- Rebecca Hawkins , Director of Mobile Strategy, 4D
- Jason Kint , Former SVP/GM, CBS Interactive
- Mike Owen , CRO, AdColony
A clever stop motion animation on Vine or a catchy video spot and flashy images on Instagram make great press bait. But do they make real sense for a brand? These nano-video and photo-sharing apps are mobile media’s genuinely native, unique forms. They are not just short. They are social, viral, deliciously visual and user-generated. They demonstrate how much mobile redefines social. How are the pioneering marketers in this space leveraging these unique mobile strengths but also scaling the effort by tying them into broader social content and brand marketing? Are there real tactical advantages to be mined here?
- Joe McCaffrey , Lead Planner/Social, Huge
- Mauricio Aguayo , Director of Digital Strategy, Click 3X
- Pamela Naumes , Director, Brand Engagement, Wm. Bolthouse Farms Inc.
- Ed O’Keefe , Editor-in-Chief, NowThisNews
- Justin Smith , ECD and Chief Innovation Officer, Doner
A final glimpse at the next year in mobile marketing and the technologies worth following.
Does Your Brand Need An Instagram/Vine Strategy? - Table Lead: Justin Smith, ECD and Chief Innovation Officer, Doner
Re-Framing Video Strategy For The Small and Portable Screen - Table Lead: Jason Kint, Former SVP/GM, CBS Interactive