Friday, August 28, 2015
Karl Greenberg, August 28, 2015, 9:02 AM
  • Under New Leadership, Xerox Launches CampaignForbes

    The brand strategy, from Y&R New York, the company's longtime agency partner, seeks to address the way people use and can benefit from technology-not just address the mechanics of the technology. The effort includes a multimedia campaign and a relaunch of the Xerox.com website, which features new content that is optimized for access via any device and that reflects the new business focus. Read the whole story...

  • McDonald's, Tyson Cut Ties To Farm For Animal Cruelty USA Today

    McDonald's won't use T&S Farms any more after an activist group, Mercy for Animals, went to the web with a video, showing ill, maltreated chickens at the plant being slaughtered brutally. The farm is contracted to chicken giant Tyson Foods, which supplies chicken to McDonald's, the second biggest purchaser of poultry in the USA. Tyson said the company was investigating, but is also terminating the farmer's contract, based on what it has seen. Read the whole story...

  • Mondelez Makes Marketing Department ChangesAdvertising Age

    Mondelez International, maker of brands like Oreo and Ritz, is planning changes in North America next year that include marketing department cuts. The reorganization comes as it faces stakeholder pressure to boost margins. The company said it shared some of the details with employees. The company is based in Chicago, but the North American marketing division works mostly out of East Hanover, N.J., and Toronto. Read the whole story...

  • Ferrari May Make Chrysler Marchionne CEOBloomberg

    Ferrari, a unit of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCA) is considering appointing FCA Chairman Sergio Marchionne CEO after Amedeo Felisa retires this year. Ferrari, which goes public later in 2015, will be spun off in early 2016. Marchionne would add the CEO job to his current duties until then. Felisa may keep an advisory role. Fiat Chrysler is selling 90% of Ferrari to raise cash. Founding-family member Piero Ferrari plans to keep the remaining 10%. Read the whole story...

  • FDA Says No, Not Natural, To Three Tobacco Brands NBC News

    The Food and Drug Administration took three cigarette brands to task for their labels, which claim they are "natural" or "additive-free." The warnings went to Winston maker ITG Brands LLC; Natural American Spirit maker Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company Inc.; and Nat Sherman maker Sherman's 1400 Broadway N.Y.C. Ltd. The FDA said the products need an FDA modified risk tobacco product order before they can be legally introduced as 'natural' and 'additive free' into interstate commerce. Read the whole story...

  • Free Of Fogle, Subway Taps BBDOAdweek

    Subway has chosen Omnicom shop BBDO as AOR, with the New York office handling. The ad review, which jettisons Boston's MMB, Subway's prior agency for almost a decade, came after the departure of CMO Tony Pace, and news that brand mascot Jared Fogle was being investigated for child pornography. Fogle appeared in more than 300 ads. Read the whole story...