Tell Me: What Matters Now?
And, each month, when I sit down to write, I try to think about what you might be interested in. But, this month, I thought I would try something different and ask you: what do you want to know more about? What are your particular marketing challenges this year? How can this column help you meet those challenges? Is there some insight or research that could help you? That you might share with a client?
So, tell me: what matters now? What information would like us to cover in future Engage:Boomers columns?
How interested are you in learning more about the following?
- Media habits of Boomers -- e.g., are they still consuming traditional media like they were in 2009? How are they adopting/utilizing new media?
- Innovative marketing and/or advertising campaigns targeting Boomers -- we haven't really discussed this as much last year but would you like to see some case studies?
- Technology use/adoption by Boomers -- as marketers increasingly experiment with new platforms, where does that leave Boomers? Does it matter?
- Cause Marketing -- last year saw a proliferation of "contests for good" and this year Pepsi announced it will not purchase time during the SuperBowl but instead use those funds for its new Pepsi Refresh Project. What are the implications of marketers moving towards cause marketing for reaching, engaging Boomers?
- Social Media -- one of my fellow contributors, Matt Thornhill, raised some great points about social media a few weeks ago. Is it worth revisiting?
- Designing products for Boomers -- whether it's a gadget or a service, do Boomers have specific needs?
- Behavioral trends: insights on any research that is published about Boomer behavioral trends.
Or, is there something else that matters to you?
Use the message boards here to share what you want to know more about. And, if you're so inclined, tell me whether you are a brand marketer or work for an agency or non-profit. While I can't guarantee that I'll write about all the topics you are interested in, I will certainly try. And, I'll post a summary of your feedback in a future post.
So, what matters now?