Out With The Old, In With The New
1. One-Way Alerts: These provide no method for customers to easily respond to organizations' communications.
Instead... Communication is a Two-Way Street: Offer customers easy and convenient ways to respond to proactive communications through a variety of channels
2. My Way or the Highway Mentality: Stop communicating with no consideration for consumers' preferred communications channels.
Instead... Knowledge is Power: Consumers want control. Communication preferences put consumers in the driver's seat to determine the types of communications and the ways in which they receive important account information.
3. Lack of Intelligence: Siloed communications make it difficult to listen, learn and adapt from previous customer interactions.
Instead... Gain Insight: Regardless of the communications channel or line of business, organizations are now able to streamline intelligence observed from previous customer interactions for more relevant and effective communications strategies.
4. Write This Down: Don't make it difficult for consumers to remember important account information provided over the phone.
Instead... Seeing is Believing: Text messaging is a powerful confirmation tool in a customer communications strategy. Offer customers a text confirming details communicated in a phone call and reduce unnecessary inbound calls.
5. Read the Fine Print: Relying on customers to read the fine print and monitor their accounts is no longer enough. Regulators now require companies to add additional customer touch points to communicate transactional details about accounts and gain their consent for future communications and in many cases, future billings. The proposed Bill Shock Rules for Wireless Providers, EU Roaming Regulations and the Federal Ruling on Debit Card Overdraft Enrollment Fees are just a few examples.
Instead... Proactive Customer Communications: Companies should be more transparent in their customer communications by providing timely, relevant and actionable information and ultimately empowers customers to make informed decisions that suit their interests and personal lifestyles.