Havas Advertising Becomes Havas
May 23, 2002, 12:00 AM
The Annual Shareholders Meeting of the Havas Group held on May 23rd 2002 and chaired by Alain de Pouzilhac, approved the resolution to change the Group's name from "Havas Advertising" to "Havas", with immediate effect. Havas was the original name of the advertising, information and media company founded by Charles-Louis Havas in 1835. Today the Havas Group focuses on integrated communication through its two networks, Euro RSCG Worldwide and Arnold Worldwide Partners, and on media expertise through its MPG network. The simplification of its name reflects the group's ambition to be present across all the different communication disciplines.