Mobile Web Optimization Via Multivariate Testing
But wait, not so fast. Analytics isn't quite enough to ensure you are doing all of the right things in your mobile content and commerce offerings to turn browsers into buyers, viewers, or subscribers. To be sure, analytics give mobile web owners insight into their audience by tracking site performance metrics such as number of unique visitors, duration of visit, page performance, as well as traffic sources including search engines and online advertising. However, tracking isn't enough. Marketers also need to proactively test their content with a solution for multivariate and A/B testing specifically designed for the mobile market.
The good news is that it is possible to easily and effectively increase your mobile conversion rates with multivariate testing. In fact, mobile optimization using A/B and multivariate testing has been proven as one of the most effective and immediate methods to increase sales volume, improve conversion rates (whatever your mobile web goals are) and boost lead generation efforts.
When shopping for a mobile multivariate testing solution, keep these 10 criteria in mind to maximize your mobile content and commerce strategy:
2) No need to rely on IT or make site content changes
3) Ability to test static and dynamic content
4) Wizard-driven test campaign creation to easily launch complex multivariate tests.
5) Automated test scheduling
6) Unlimited content control and variations
7) Advanced segmentation and behavioral targeting
8) Deep interaction measurement to track user behavior
9) Real-time reporting and analysis
10) Web and mobile analytics integration
Bottom line: Continuously use controlled, scientifically sound testing methodologies to understand which mobile content or commerce offerings most effectively persuades and engages consumers, and then act upon the results. Simple, incremental changes often can yield the best results.