Results for May 2008
- Online Ad Spend Surpasses $21B
- Online ad revenue climbed to $21.2 billion last year, marking a 26% increase from 2006, the Interactive Advertising Bureau and PricewaterhouseCoopers reported today.
- MySpace's $235M Paper Victory
- MySpace has won a nine-figure judgment against two spammers, Sanford "Spamford" Wallace and Walter Rines, who targeted members of the social networking site.
- In HBO Deal, ITunes Features First Non-Uniform Pricing
- For the first time, Apple's iTunes has forged a deal to sell TV episodes of many HBO shows including "Deadwood," "The Sopranos," and "Sex and the City."
Next Entries »
- Anti-Piracy Plans Land With Thud
- Entertainment industry executives have floated all sorts of ideas to tackle piracy at the Internet service provider level. Some Hollywood suits have proposed that ISPs filter their networks for pirated content, while others have asked Congress to order colleges to consider filters.