MeasureCast Index Rises To Another All-Time High
Newcomers to the latest Top 25 ranking include WHUR-FM/96.3, a Washington, D.C. Adult R&B station owned by Howard University. And New York's WBLS-FM/107.5, an Urban R & B station from FMITV Networks, Inc. & Inner City Broadcasting Corp.
Other facts from this week's report:
- 79% of all listening occurred between 5 a.m. PDT and 5 p.m. PDT.
- The peak listening hour was 11 a.m. Pacific, with 8.4% of the day's listening.
- 12% of the week's TTSL took place over the weekend.
- The peak listening day was Wednesday, with 19% of all TTSL occurring on this day.
- The largest single age group listening to Internet radio last week was comprised of people 25-34 years old (29%); 55% of listeners are under 35 years of age; 26% are younger than 25, and 7% are over the age of 55.
- 72% of listeners are men; 28% are women.
- Top streaming countries include: the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Japan, and Mexico
- The South has the greatest number of Internet radio listeners (32%).
The weekly index tracks the total number of hours streamed by on-line broadcasters, and is a representation of the trend in Total Time Spent Listening (TTSL) across a spectrum of stations measured by MeasureCast.