Classics Account For More Than 300 Thousand Hours of Listening
According to the latest release from Arbitron Internet Broadcast Ratings, three classical stations were ranked within the top 50 in the for the week of October 13. WQXR ranked number seven with 222,890 hours of Total Time Spent Listening (TTSL). AOL Classical 101 ranked number 33 with 75,405 hours of TTSL, and KING-FM ranked number 35 with 73,863 hours of TTSL.
Demographic Highlights for the Week of October 13 - October 19
- The peak listening days were Tuesday, October 14 and Wednesday, October 15, with 18 percent of the week's online listening respectively.
- 77 percent of weekly online listening took place between 5AM and 5PM Pacific Time.
- 13 percent of the week's total listening took place during the weekend.
- 84 percent of the measured listeners were between the ages of 18 and 54.
- 69 percent of listeners were men; 31 percent were women.
- In the U.S., 35 percent of listeners resided in the South; 31 percent in the West; 16 percent in the Northeast; and 18 percent in the Midwest.
Internet Broadcasters and Sales Networks Weekly Top 15 (October 13 - October 19)
|4||The Adsertion Network||144,451|
|6||Educational Media Foundation||63,108|
|8||ABC Radio Network||57,573|
|9||New York Times||29,561|
Arbitron Internet Broadcast Stations Weekly Top 20 (October 13 - October 19)
|1||MUSICMATCH Artist Match||Miscellaneous||686,301||227,032|
|2||AOL Top Country||Country||290,244||120,488|
|4||Virgin Radio||Adult Contemp||264,499||53,458|
|5||AOL Top Pop||Top 40||256,888||161,679|
|6||AOL Smooth Jazz||Smooth Jazz||253,382||61,942|
|8||AOL Lite Rock||Soft Rock||222,715||46,150|
|9||MUSICMATCH Top Hits||Contemp Hit Radio||218,333||96,166|
|10||AOL Awesome 80s||80s||212,181||77,907|
|11||AOL Classic Rock||Classic Rock||206,944||71,205|
|12||AOL Love Songs||Love Songs||205,492||69,610|
|13||AOL Top Jams||Miscellaneous||192,855||156,459|
|15||AOL Top Alternative||Alternative||170,162||99,100|
|16||Virgin Radio Classic Rock||Classic Rock||162,069||27,636|
|18||AOL Pop Rock||Rock||152,094||56,779|
|19||WLS-AM/890||News / Talk||149,920||30,607|
|20||AOL Super 70s||70s||141,072||46,672|
1. TTSL (Total Time Spent Listening), is the total number of hours tuned to a given station or network in the reported time period.
2. Cume Listeners is an estimate of the total number of unique listeners who had one or more listening sessions lasting five minutes or longer during the reported time period.