Techno Hispanic Market
Recently we released a Brief on the Internet habits of the Hispanic market. Because of such a strong interest in this market segment, here is a follow up of some of the technical demographic characteristics of the Urban Hispanic.
A recent study by FOCUS:Latino shows very strong interest for new media and technology among urban Hispanics. While the urban market in general is very interested in acquiring new media technology and services, the report concludes, the Hispanic segment is even more primed to purchase these new products and services.
- 71% of urban Hispanic households have cable/satellite, and premium penetration among these urban Hispanic cable households is higher than among the average urban sample.
- Potential penetration of digital cable in urban Hispanic households can reach 39% within six months.
- Urban Hispanics are very interested in the features of Interactive TV, especially using the remote to preview upcoming shows and look at actor bios, send and receive e-mail through the TV, and use the remote to go to Web sites through the TV.
- 50% of adult urban Hispanic consumers are under the age of 35, compared to 31% among the total urban market. This young demographic heavily influences the viewing choices and consumption patterns, and drives the enormous potential for new media in the urban Hispanic market.
- 54% of urban Hispanic households have children under the age of 18. The trend towards technology and new media among Hispanics will only increase as these children become young adult consumers.
"The bottom is line is that under-penetration of advanced services plus pent-up demand for new technologies translates to huge growth potential, and the up-and-coming Hispanic market is primed to take us into the broadband zone," says Alisse Waterston, Ph.D., president of Surveys Unlimited.
You can find out more here.