Streaming Radio Flat
MeasureCast, Inc. reports that during the week of April 15, the MeasureCast Internet Radio Listening Index remained essentially flat, losing less than one-half of one percent. Since Jan. 6, 2002, the index has risen 98 percent. And since January 2001, the index has increased 561 percent.
Demographic Highlights for the Week of April 15-21 include:
- 75% of all listening occurred between 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. Pacific time
- 11% of the week’s Internet radio listening took place over the weekend.
- The peak listening day was Thursday, April 18, with 19% of all listening occurring this day.
- 27% of Internet radio listeners were between the ages of 25 and 34.
- 56% were younger than 35, 29% were younger than 25, and 7% were older than 55.
- In the U.S., 34% of listeners reside in the South; 28% live in the West.
- 69% of listeners were men; 31% were women.
- Top streaming nations include the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, Japan and Mexico.
Top 10 Internet Radio Networks (Monday, April 15, 2002 - Sunday, April 21, 2002)
|1||Clear Channel Worldwide||272,361|
|2||Radio Free Virgin||163,352|
|6||Internet Radio, Inc.||145,456|
|9||New York Times – WQXR||28,709|
Find out more here.