Mobile Video Engagement Runs Away From Desktop
Data collected from 3,000+ social video platform’s branded campaigns found that mobile interaction rates have more than doubled over the same time period. Engagement rates on desktops also increased during the year, but not at the same rate as mobile.
The key findings include:
- The average CTR for mobile campaigns (13.64%) is almost three times that of desktop (5.45%)
- The average click-through-rate of mobile video campaigns has increased by 265.7% over the last four quarters, rising from 3.73% in Q4 2012 to 13.64% in Q3 2013
- Interaction rates for mobile have more than doubled in the last year (up 105.63%), to 22.64% in Q3 2013
- In the last two quarters, click-through-rates on mobile are more than double what has been recorded on desktop (average rates of 11.18% and 4.25% respectively – an uplift of 163.05%)
- Desktop CTR (up 151.15% to 5.45%), and interaction rates (170.74% uplift to 15.08%), have also increased over the last 12 months
- Month-on-month mobile replay rates fluctuated throughout 2013, but year-to-date figures have still been one-and-a-half times higher than desktop rates
The report note that, according to the IAB’s Internet Advertising Revenue Report, advertising revenue in the US from digital video reached $1.3B in the first half of this year - a 24% increase from last year. The report, compiled by Price Waterhouse Cooper (PwC), also found mobile ad revenues jumped 145% to more than $3 billion in the first half of the year from the same period a year ago.
Matt Cooke, co-founder and CTO at Unruly, says “… mobile video consumption is exploding… an increase in brands requesting mobile-only social video campaigns… with short-form video formats… native to mobile… helping to drive this growth…. “
Cooke added: “… because it’s emotionally powerful and so easy to share, video is the most engaging format in the marketer’s tool box… “
For more information from Unruly, please visit here.