77% Of Ad Agencies Are Now Able To Explain Native Advertising To Their Clients

A recent UK study queried ad agencies about their thoughts on native advertising. While 77% of agencies are now comfortable explaining native advertising to clients, many are concerned about how to scale the practice and 63% don't think the practice is effectively regulated. Furthermore, 83% of agencies now include the practice of native advertising as part of their digital offering and the other 17% plan to do so in the immediate future. In aggregate, the study -- conducted by FaR Partners on behalf of ad platform Adyoulike -- found that UK agencies believe native advertising will comprise 9.2% of total digital spend in 2014 and 14.7% by 2015.

In what may be the most cogent and refreshing viewpoint heard from an ad agency exec, Monica Little, who is stepping down as CEO of Minneapolis-based Little & Co., said: “I made the decision years ago that I didn’t want to sell to an outside firm because I’ve seen other companies that did and they were eviscerated. I like money, but my mortgage is paid. And I’m not about wringing as much as I can out of the company. Life is too short. It was about valuable work and working with these smart people.” Thanks for that, Monica. You've given us hope that the entire advertising industry is not populated entirely with money-grubbing power grabbers who are more concerned with how many toys they have versus how well they take care of their agency and its employees.

Hmm. Who knew Segway still existed? The thing was supposed to reinvent human transportation and all it has become is a joke in a movie about a mall cop. Anyway, the brand has announced that it has selected Aroluxe to serve as its agency of record. Segway will lean on Aroluxe to bring "uniformity and a fresh direction" to the brand with new creative, sales and dealer support, demand generation programs, and an ecommerce Web site. Of the agency selection, Segway VP of Marketing Brian Buccella said: “As we move our brand forward into new and emerging EV segments, we wanted a partner who could take our vision of redefining the green personal transportation market, bring it to life, and then amplify that vision across all channels. For us, there’s no doubt that we made the right decision. We look for passion and creativity, and Aroluxe has a surplus of both.” Well, anyway, good luck expanding beyond mall cops.

iProspect has hired Sam Huston as chief strategy officer. Prior to joining the iProspect team, Huston was partner, SVP of Strategy and Innovation at Jumptank. He also worked across the Dentsu Aegis Network, including Carat, Isobar and Vizeum. Over the last 14 years, he's worked across agency specialties including media, creative, and entertainment. He worked on P&G, Adidas Boost, Red Bull, Disney and GoPro. In this role, Huston will oversee client campaigns and service team collaborations. Based in San Francisco, he will report to iProspect President Jeremy Cornfeldt.

Recommend (7) Print RSS
3 comments about "77% Of Ad Agencies Are Now Able To Explain Native Advertising To Their Clients".
  1. curtis anne from ADM Enterprises , September 2, 2014 at 8:07 a.m.
    Make your brand popular with #mocolive connecting the world through its services like bulk sms, short code, long code and many more. For more info:- www.mocolive.com
  2. Nathan Easom from MobileROI , September 2, 2014 at 9:18 a.m.
    Is this an example of Native ads Curtis Anne?
  3. Anni Paul from BoscoSystems , September 2, 2014 at 8:26 p.m.
    That's funny. So they can "Explain it"... okay, but can they do it correctly? Other than what we're seeing from a few major publishers and quality ad platforms like Airpush and Facebook, it's hard to say that there's a lot of good native advertising out there.