RICHARD WHITMANStaff Writer
Articles by Richard All articles by Richard
- Marketer Behind 'Ship My Pants,' 'Show Your Joe' And 'ElfYourself' Heads to Chicago Agency in
Chicago-based The Escape Pod has announced Mark Andeer, the marketing guy behind Kmart's "Ship My Pants" and "Show Your Joe" and OfficeMax's "ElfYourself," is joining the agency as CMO.
- Step Aside, Hyundai, Heinz And Doritos -- TurboTax Wants Its Moment Of Super Bowl Glory in
Now here's something a bit more substantive than the USA Today Super Bowl Ad Meter. Performance marketing agency Merkle has released its third annual Digital Bowl Report.
- Newsflash! This Article Is Not About Super Bowl Ads! in
So yeah. The Super Bowl. It happened Sunday night, right? Did you love the ads? Did you hate the ads? Which one was your favorite? That Heinz ad was pretty cute.
- IBM's iX Scoops Yet Another Digital Shop in
The ad agency wannabe has scooped up design agency Ecx.io. It's all to bolster the tech company's in-house agency Interactive Experience or iX.
- Local Agencies: Want More Business? Pitch A Franchisee in
- This Hot Dog Lover Is Really Miffed That Heinz Put Ketchup Bottles In That Cute Super Bowl Dachshund Ad in
Hot Dog Diaries blogger Mark Andel writes: "Some Super Bowl copywriter and creative director and big-time ad agency apparently don't know Chicagoans -- or they don't care."
- New ANA Study Reveals 50% Of Brands Turn To Startups For Social Media And Content in
In yet another indication of ad agencies' waning dominance as providers of a brand's marketing needs, a new study from the Association of National Advertisers found a hefty percentage of brands turn to startups for social media and content development and management.
- OMG! Chicago Agency Launches Something Totally New! A Freelance Network. Yawn. in
It comes without surprise that a trio of Chicago ad professionals has launched a new agency that, OMG, promises to be totally different.
- What #WomenNotObjects Can Teach That 'Ghetto Day' Creative And His CEO in
#WomenNotObjects was created by agency founder Madonna Badger in reaction to the rampant objectification of women in advertising that has been the norm for years.
- Boosting Its Digital Capabilities, IBM Has Acquired Resource/Ammirati in
IBM, that old school, not-so-cool, computing juggernaut that once ruled the technology landscape, is upping its digital game of late.