Results for June 2011
- Updated Flipboard App Released
- Fresh off its $50 million funding round, Flipboard today unveiled the latest version of its social magazine app for the iPad, integrating LinkedIn and adding a content guide and "one-tap" functionality.
Similar to the Twitter and Facebook sections created for Flipboard, the new LinkedIn Today feature allows the professional networking site's 100 million members to see news and articles based on what their professional peers are sharing and reading. Readers can also find curated content within LinkedIn Today on more than 30 industry categories including real estate, retail, pharmaceuticals, and higher education.
...» 0 Comments
- Video Calling Via Skype Comes To Android
- Android users can now use Skype for video chatting. The latest version of the Skype for Android app lets customers make two-way video calls to other Skype users on the iPhone, Mac, Windows PCs, other Android phones as well as TVs. The upgraded app also includes a redesigned interface to streamline navigation and make it easier to see things like the balance on your Skype Credit. It also adds something called a "mood message box" at the top of the screen menu that "makes it easier than ever to share how you are feeling, what you've seen or what you're ...» 0 Comments
- B&N Offers Free Book Deal With Nook Purchase
- Stepping up the pressure in the e-reader space, Barnes & Noble has rolled out a new offer starting July 1: bring in any e-reader to compare and upgrade to a Nook device and get $315 worth of e-books free. The deal extends to the purchase of any Nook model including the "All-New" Nook ($139) and the Nook Color Reader's Tablet ($249). However, you don't get to pick the 30 free books you get with a device purchase.
They include titles across across a variety of genres including The Good Housekeeping Cookbook, Cristina Ferrare's Big Bowl of Love, Creating Your ...» 0 Comments
- Android Levels Off, iPhone Picks Up
- Among U.S. smartphone owners, Android continues to have the biggest share of customers, at 38%. The iPhone has 27%, and BlackBerry, 21%, according to Nielsen's May mobile survey. But the research also shows Android's growth is leveling off this year while the iPhone's is on the rise. Among people that bought smartphones in recent months, Android's share has remained at 27% since February. The iPhone's has gone from 10% to 17% during that time. Windows Phone 7 is stuck at 1%. Overall, 55% of those who bought a new handset in the last three months purchased a smartphone, up from ...» 0 Comments
- Randy Falco Named President-CEO, Univision
- Randy Falco has been promoted to president-CEO of Univision from executive vice president and COO. He also joins the Univision board of directors. He replaces Joe Uva who left the company.» 0 Comments
- Mobile Firm xAd Hires Ad Execs
- Local mobile ad network xAD announced three top advertising and marketing executive hires Wednesday: Ron Merritt is joining the company as SVP of sales, Monica Ho, as VP of marketing, and Dan Hight as VP of business development. Merritt previously served as VP of local sales at Yodle, while Ho comes from TMP Directional Marketing, where she was SVP of marketing. Hight, who will develop relationships with strategic partners, agencies, national brands, most recently was director of strategic marketing at SuperMedia.
xAd, which has raised $4 million in venture funding to ...» 0 Comments
- Walmart Offers Summertime Gas Rollbacks
- In an effort to woo the gasoline-grieved masses, Walmart says it is offering a 90-day Rollback, which will give drivers 10 cents off per gallon at participating Murphy USA and Walmart gas stations.
The offer, which will be available at stations in 18 states, is only good for those using a reloadable Walmart gift card, Walmart MoneyCard or Walmart credit card, and is scheduled to run through the end of September.
Not only is the move likely to boost usage of those financial products, it's also bound to strike a chord for families struggling to pull together summer ...» 0 Comments
- 9 Social Media Trends Helping Marketers
- Social media marketing firm ViTrue today offers a list of nine trends that it says will make things easier for marketing on social sits. These include Twitter automatically shortening added links, the integration of social into SEO, photo-tagging of brands, Facebook's forthcoming "Happening Now" feature, and LinkedIn's button allowing people to apply for jobs with their LinkedIn profile.» 0 Comments
- Rebranding Al-Qaeda
- To: Osama Bin Laden
From: Ron Johnson, Vice President, International Marketing
- Tech IPOs Hit $4.5B In Q2
- Proceeds from technology industry IPOs in the second quarter reached $4.5 billion, a ten-fold increase from the $488 million raised in the year-earlier period. The tech sector also accounted for more than a third of the $11.9 billion total in IPO proceeds in the quarter, according to new PwC data.That amount was more than double the $5.2 billion raised a year ago and marks the third straight quarter IPO proceeds have surpassed $10 billion. The number of tech IPOs increased to 11 from 7 a year ago and to 47 from 41 overall.
Among the most high profile ...» 0 Comments