Results for May 2011
- Idaho Farmers' Cheese Campaign Targets Floridians
- To encourage Floridians to buy more cheese, the Idaho Dairy Products Commission (IDPC) is employing a campaign based on an online sweeps, coupon and recipes – backed by online and offline marketing elements -- targeted specifically to residents of "The Sunshine State."
While many of us may equate Idaho with potatoes, it is in fact the nation's third-largest cheese-manufacturing state -- and Florida is one of its key cheese markets, explains Sharon Kitroser, director of strategic alliances for Daniels and Roberts, Inc., the Boynton Beach, Fla.-based marketing firm that created IDPC's new campaign.
The "Beyond the Cracker" campaign is ...» 0 Comments
- Ben & Jerry's Expands Tweet-Driven Freebies Tour
- Building on a "wildly successful" summer 2010 initiative that had fans all over New York and Boston tweeting to bring Ben & Jerry's trucks dispensing free ice cream to their doors, the Unilever brand is this summer expanding the experiential/social media promotion to five cities.
During this year's "Summer Scoop Truck Tour," B&J trucks will patrol Los Angeles and Miami now through June 10; New York and San Francisco between June 20 and July 29; and Boston during the month of August.
In addition to their pre-planned stops at retailers, community events, businesses ("office invasions") and other high-traffic locations, the trucks' teams will ...» 0 Comments
- Loving On Dad: Father's Day Spending To Hit $11.1 Billion
- Looks like consumers think Dad is worth a splurge: A new survey from the National Retail Federation reports that Americans say they will spend $11.1 billion on Pop this year, an all-time high for the eight-year-old survey.
That works out to about $106.49 per celebrant, up from $94.32 last year. Men, who are a smidge more likely to observe the day (75.9% versus 75.2% of women) are also more likely to be consciously upping the ante, with 14.5% saying they plan to spend more than they did last year, compared with 12.8% of women.
The most popular gift ...» 0 Comments
- What If Everything Ran On Gasoline?
- Nissan has a new campaign for the Leaf electric car called "Gas Powered Everything" centering on a spot that contemplates a steam-punk (except gasoline instead of steam) world where innovation has begun and ended with the internal combustion engine.
The creative forwards the idea that there is nothing inevitable or perpetual about the internal combustion. The effort, via AOR Chiat makes that point by imagining a world where just about everything requires a gasoline powered engine to operate.
The ad begins with a couple waking up in the morning to their alarm clock, which is powered by a ...» 0 Comments
- Future of Privacy Forum Launches Site For Mobile App Developers
- The industry-funded think tank Future of Privacy Forum on Thursday launched a site aimed at enouraging mobile app developers to provide users with privacy protections. The site, ApplicationPrivacy.org, offers information about best practices, privacy guidelines and legal issues.» 0 Comments
- Dos Equis Launches 'Most Interesting Toast' Promo
Dos Equis is launching a promotion inviting fans to record and upload an interesting toast at staythirstymyfriends.com. Selected videos will appear on the website.» 0 Comments
- Q1 Web Ad Spend Surges 23% To $7.3 Bil,
- Internet ad spending in the U.S. hit $7.3 billion for the first quarter of 2011, a 23% jump over the same quarter in 2010, according to estimates released this morning by the Interactive Advertising Bureau and PricewaterhouseCoopers. The IAB said it marks the highest first-quarter Internet ad spending quarter ever.
The full report can be viewed here: www.iab.net/AdRevenueReport» 0 Comments
- Millennial Buys Mobile Data Startup
- Mobile ad network Millennial Media has acquired mobile data firm Condaptive. The Washington, D.C.-based startup is focused on helping developers build mobile audiences by analyzing location and other data. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
"Condaptive has a unique algorithmic approach to building audiences, and are able to deliver data driven insights that we believe will prove valuable for both advertisers and developers," wrote Millennial CTO Chris Brandenburg, in a blog post today. "Additionally, Condaptive has built a suite of tools for their internal usage that will now be exposed to our developer community, opening up new ...» 0 Comments
- BuzzLogic Raises $7.8 Million
- Blog ad network BuzzLogic has secured $7.8 million in a third-round funding led by Bridgescale Partners and including prior investors Adams Capital Management. That brings the company’s total raised to date to $28 million. BuzzLogic plans to use the funding to enhance its technology platform, introduce new ad products for the social Web, and double the size of its sales and account management team.
After starting as a social media monitoring company, BuzzLogic over the last two years has shifted its model. "Before we were helping brands understand what consumers were saying, now we're helping brands engage with the ...» 0 Comments
- Elite SEM Named Clarks' Digital Search AOR
- New York’s Elite SEM has been named digital search agency of record by Clarks Companies, North America, which sells the Clarks and Bostonian shoe brands in 250 retail stores and has recently begun moving into e-commerce. Clarks said it will be using paid search, display ads and remarketing in its marketing mix.» 0 Comments