Real Expectations: The Mobile Reality Check of 2013
"As the longest running independent mobile marketing event celebrates its 6th year of assessing the industry, it's time for a gut check."
These are the hard questions that agencies, planners, buyers and brands need to ask.
• What real lessons have been learned from the first few years of mobile marketing, and how can it be applied to erecting real sustainable strategies for this channel in the next few years?
• How is the market divided now between smartphones and tablets, and how do marketers assess and apply the strategies to each?
• Does advertising, especially interruptive, impression based media even work here?
• Should any of the display conventions that arguably had nominal success on the desktop even bother trying to attract attention and engagement here?
• After years of talking the talk about mobilebeing truly different from previous media, is this industry really ready towalk the walk?
• And now that the smartphone in the tablet have genuinely revolutionized the ways in which marketers can and need to reach their customers, is the next big thing really one of the last century’s big things, the automobile?
OMMA Mobile at Internet Week moves into Jeopardy mode, by looking for answers in the form of the big questions.
Video from the last OMMA Mobile
Rave Reviews from Attendees
"If you are looking to hear from industry leaders, OMMA Mobile is the best event to do so. Even the sponsors who gave Lunch and Learns presented compelling case studies that made it difficult to want to leave your seat."Matt Blasco, Managing Director, Analytics, Euro RSCG
"It was very, very well organized and informative. The speakers were from well known brands and the case studies were highly relevant."
Carri Lukasik, Marketing Manager, Disney Store
"Love the way dialog develops throughout the day! The keynotes were all interesting!"
JJ Beh, Mortgage Strategy & Planning Lead, ING Direct USA
"OMMA Mobile had a strong agenda, great speakers and proactive conversations on and off the stage. Those that didn’t attend truly missed out on a well thought out and executed day centered around the high-growth of mobile."
Mack McKelvey, SVP of Marketing, Millennial Media
"The OMMA Mobile event was extremely valuable for us. The program, speakers and attendees were all focused on the specific opportunities around mobile marketing. AdMob speaks at many of these mobile-focused events and this one day event led to more productive conversations than just about anything we’ve done. Congratulations to the MediaPost team on a great event and we look forward to joining the discussion again."
Jason Spero, VP & GM, North America, Google
"OMMA Mobile was a big success! It was a gathering of the key players in the marketplace brought together in a positive environment."
Daniel Hodges, Head of Global Sales, Digital & Emerging Products, Associated Press
"MediaPost’s OMMA Mobile event is the de facto conference for media decision-makers looking to learn the latest trends, technology and tactics for effective mobile marketing and advertising. The speakers, content and networking were all top class. If you’re thinking mobile or are in mobile this is an event you don’t want to miss. Great job MediaPost."
Emiliano Valenzuela, Assoc. Brand Marketing Manager, Venda, Inc.
"Above all other conferences, the OMMA events provide the most comprehensive insight into the state and future of interactive media, marketing and advertising. The content is top-notch, and the individuals I have the opportunity to meet, are the ones leading the charge to make interactive a premier medium for advertisers. These are top-quality events for anyone involved in the digital media space"
Kevin Klein, Sr. Marketing Manager, Global Display, Amazon.com
“The OMMA conferences provide tremendous insight into not only what is happening in the world of Online Marketing, but what will be next. The composition of the audiences at these conferences is a veritable who's who in online media, marketing, and advertising, and allows attendees, regardless of experience level, to learn about the future of advertising - straight from the folks that are shaping it.”
Ian Schafer, Founder & CEO, Deep Focus
What to Expect
* Hear the top mobile marketing executives, agencies, and media decision makers share their experiences, insights, research, and predictions for the future of mobile marketing through keynotes, case studies, research presentations, and more.
* Unparalleled networking opportunity with experts throughout the field of mobile marketing.
* Expand your knowledge in all areas of the mobile marketing world through the onstage talks and offstage discussions with other attendees looking to take advantage of the plethora of opportunities mobile marketing provides.