Eleven of the top 25 stations measured by MeasureCast experienced an increase in Total Time Spent Listening (TTSL). Sixteen stations showed an increase in estimated audience size, or CUME. Significant increases in TTSL were made by ESPNRadio.com (40%), and WOLFFM.com (28%), which is streamed by bigradio.com.
The MeasureCast Internet Radio IndexT for the week ending May 27 was unchanged at 149, meaning the total number of hours streamed by online broadcasters measured by MeasureCast has increased 49% since January.
Newcomers to the latest MeasureCast Top 25 list include: aliceonair.com, a Swedish Internet-only station, and WMVY FM/92.7, an Adult Alternative station from Aritaur Communications in Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts.
Other facts from this week's report: - 80% of all listening occurred between 5 a.m. PDT and 5 p.m. PDT.
- The peak listening hour was noon Pacific, with 9% of the day's listening.
- The peak listening day was Thursday, with 19% of all TTSL occurring on this day.
- The largest single age group listening to Internet radio is comprised of people 25-34 years old (30%); 55% of listeners are under 35 years of age; 25% are younger than 25, and 7% are over the age of 55.
- More men (73%) listen to Internet radio than do women (27%).
- The South claims the largest number of Internet radio listeners (33%); followed by the West (30%), the Northeast (19%), and the Midwest (19%).