Link to apply: https://boards.greenhouse.io/accuweather/jobs/3702913
AccuWeather, recognized and documented as the most accurate source of weather forecasts and warnings in the world, has saved tens of thousands of lives, prevented hundreds of thousands of injuries and tens of billions of dollars in property damage. With global headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania; a severe weather center in Wichita, Kansas; and offices in New York City and elsewhere around the world, AccuWeather serves more than 1.5 billion people daily to help them plan their activities and get more out of their day through innovative digital media properties, such as AccuWeather.com and mobile, as well as AccuWeather For Business (AFB), radio, television, newspapers, digital out of home, the 24/7 AccuWeather Network channel and AccuWeather NOW streaming service. Additionally, AccuWeather produces and distributes news, weather content, and video for more than 180,000 third-party websites.
AccuWeather's innovation-first promise has led to the development of many award-winning and propriety features that are available free to the public, including AccuWeather MinuteCast® Minute by Minute™ forecasts with Superior Accuracy ™, the exclusive AccuWeather RealFeel® Temperature, and AccuWeather RealImpact™ Scale for Hurricanes, among many other revolutionary products for the greater safety, convenience and comfort of our users. Further, AccuWeather serves more than half of the Fortune 500 and thousands of other businesses in the U.S. and globally.
Dr. Joel N. Myers, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, established AccuWeather in 1962 and is considered the “father of modern commercial meteorology.” Dr. Myers, a leading creative thinker and visionary, has been named “the most accurate man in weather” by The New York Times and one of the top entrepreneurs in American history by Entrepreneur’s Encyclopedia of Entrepreneurs.
The Senior Television Weather Broadcaster plays an extremely important role in AccuWeather’s mission of saving lives and property by providing accurate, detailed, impact-driven and informative weather forecasts to the millions of viewers of the AccuWeather Television Network. Driven by forecasts that are created by a consensus between the on-air team and operational forecasters, live and recorded segments filmed by AccuWeather’s on-air meteorologists cover all weather phenomena. The AccuWeather Network delivers “All Weather, All the Time” with coverage spanning before, during and after storms, as well as breaking news events and interest stories.
The Senior Television Weather Broadcaster will work at AccuWeather’s Headquarters in State College, Pennsylvania.
- Works with AccuWeather meteorologists, weather graphics designers and producers to prepare accurate on-camera weather forecasts.
- Assist in building of the weather shows to clearly tell a weather story using provided graphics tools.
- Works closely with Live TV Producer to tailor content and delivery based on pertinent weather stories and breaking weather situations.
- Uses creativity to tailor content and delivery based on individual client’s needs including length and delivery time.
- The Senior Television Broadcaster will adhere to company standards for on-air presentation, including the impacts of the weather on viewers and special emphasis on severe weather.
- Occasional field and/or package reporting.
- The Senior Television Broadcaster must follow the clothing and appearance requirements outlined by the Image Consultant.
- Assists with the operational and strategic goals of AccuWeather’s social media initiatives.
- Adhere to all department policies.
- Other duties as assigned.
WORKING FOR THE ACCUWEATHER NETWORK
Broadcasters at the AccuWeather Network live and breathe weather. When you join the AccuWeather Network, your broadcasts are backed by the Superior Accuracy of AccuWeather’s team of weather forecasters. At AccuWeather:
- Work/life balance is a priority. Broadcasters typically have 8-hour shifts and 5-day workweeks and receive at least one summer holiday and one winter holiday off.
- You can focus on what you do best. The AccuWeather Media Content Group includes full-time weather graphics producers, video producers/editors, web producers, and social media managers.
- You’ll learn and grow with an experienced team of on-air meteorologists.
- Bachelor's degree in Meteorology is preferred; however, candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Broadcasting and a certificate in Weather Forecasting may be considered.
- At least 7-10 years of weather-related broadcasting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Ability to effectively communicate in the broadcast style is required.
- Windows and MAC operating systems knowledge.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Must be available to work weekends, evenings, holidays and overnights as required.
AccuWeather is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity to all applicants and existing employees and we evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity/expression), sexual orientation, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, marital status, political affiliation, religion, citizenship status, genetic information, veteran status, or any other basis protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. View the EEO is the Law poster here and its supplement here. The pay transparency policy is available here.
AccuWeather is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.