CalMatters, a nonprofit news organization serving California, has brought on several new staffers to strengthen its journalism ahead of the 2024 election.
- Stella Yu, a reporter who will cover politics approaching the election. Previously, Yu wrote about politics and other issues in Michigan, Tennessee, Mississippi and
- Jennifer Burger is serving as editor of the CalMatters College Journalism Network, a program that pays and trains students to cover higher education
- Adriana Heldiz is the new assistant visuals editor, working as a photo editor, photographer, video journalist and graphics designer; she has worked at The San
Diego Union-Tribune and Voice of San Diego.
- Hans Poschman is managing transcription for Digital Democracy, a new project to bring
transparency and more aggressive journalism to coverage of state government; he has previously worked in state and local government and the state legislature.
Jones covers K-12 education. Jones has reported for EdSource, the San Francisco Chronicle and the Oakland Tribune.
- Shreya Agrawal has come as a fall
intern covering healthcare; previously, she was a Malheur Enterprise rural climate reporting fellow.