Results for 2013
- Facebook Upgrades Page Post Link Ads
As part of its recent effort to simplify its ad offerings, Facebook on Monday announced updates for its Page post link ad format aimed at driving off-site traffic and conversions. The improvements include offering marketers the ability to customize images used in the ads rather than automatically grabbing a thumbnail image taken from a Web site.
Facebook wants to provide further flexibility by allowing brands to create unpublished Page post link ads within its ad creation tool, instead of having to select an existing post to promote. Unpublished page posts ads let marketers tailor messages to specific audiences ...» 0 Comments
- Google Pushes 'All Access' Via Starbucks
With Apple announcing its own music streaming service last week, it wouldn’t be surprising to see Starbucks promoting iTunes Radio when it launches this fall. After all, Apple has a longstanding relationship with the coffee chain around selling music in stores via iTunes. But for now, there’s another new music service being promoted on Starbucks Digital Network: Google’s All Access.
Google is sponsoring the login page for the Starbucks’ Wi-Fi-based, in-store network, offerings customers a 30-day free trial of All Access and extending the promotional discount of $2 a month off the $9.99 subscription price for ...» 0 Comments
- Fandango Adds To Video Lineup
Continuing to broaden its content offerings, Fandango over the weekend launched a new series called “Summer of Action” previewing new blockbuster releases during the peak movie-going season. Hosting the five-episode program that runs until September is the “beauty and brawn” pairing of TV host Tiffany Smith and ex-mixed martial arts star and actor Chuck Liddell.
Each episode will feature movie trailers, photo galleries, behind-the-scenes footage and fan interviews, along with the ability to buy tickets. Launch sponsor for the Summer of Action site is Gillette, with a home page takeover promoting its Fusion ProGlide Slivertouch razor as part ...» 0 Comments
- Samsung, Jay-Z Team For Album Release
- In what the company is calling a first for the music industry, Samsung will release rapper and mogul (and Beyonce spouse) Jay-Z's upcoming new album, "Magna Carta Holy Grail" to select Samsung Galaxy S users through an app before its official release date.» 0 Comments
- Netflix and DreamWorks Make a Big Deal for Original Kids Content
Netflix and DreamWorks Animation this morning announced a multi-year deal in which the studio agreed to premiere new original series spotlighting characters from movies like “Shrek,” “Madagascar,” “Kung Fu Panda” and others, on Netflix, beginning in 2014.
The 300 hours of programming will use characters from those and other DreamWorks franchises and upcoming feature films as well as the Classic Media library, which DreamWorks acquired in 2012 and includes many other popular animated characters.
Netflix and DreamWorks earlier announced their first ever Netflix original kids series, “Turbo F.A.S.T.” based on Dream Works’ “Turbo” which opens July 17. The series starts ...» 0 Comments
- Deutsch Founder David Deutsch Dies at 84
- Sad news out of Interpublic's Deutsch Inc. today-agency founder David Deutsch passed away. He was 84. Deutsch founded David Deutsch Associates in 1969 as a boutique agency with Oneida as its signature account. The agency became known for its sophisticated creative for prestige brands including Crouch & Fitzgerald and Letts of London diaries. David's son Donny joined the agency in 1983 and the firm was renamed Deutsch Inc. in 1989. A year later Donny Deutsch was named president and CEO. David Deutsch retired in 1993. IPG acquired the company in 2000.» 0 Comments
- Trailer Watching Up On PCs, Mobile
Moviegoers are watching trailers on PCs and mobile devices more than ever, according to the latest Nielsen NRG survey. More than half (53%) of moviegoers said they watched previews on the desktop Web last year, up from 47% in 2010. Mobile viewing on previews increased to 15% from 6% in 2010, while tablets have jumped from to 8% from nothing in that period.
Yahoo Movies is the top site for catching trailer, with people watching 11.6 million videos in April, followed by IMDb (8.4 million), MSN Movies (3.1 million), Fandango (2.8 million) and Flixster (1.1 ...» 0 Comments
- Facebook Kills Sponsored Results
As part of its ad consolidation effort, Facebook is scrapping sponsore results, the search ad unit it rolled out last year. The format allows advertisers to target search ads to users looking for a particular app, brand page or place on Facebook, with ads labeled as "Sponsored." Facebook told the blog Inside Facebook it's eliminating sponsored results in July because the ad type has been essentially supplanted by higher-peforming app install ads and page post link ads.
The company also introduced sponsored results prior to the launch of Graph Search--its revamped search engine--earlier this year, leading ...» 0 Comments
- MediaCom at Cannes: Hound Dog Approach To Creativty
- WPP's MediaCom is hosting a session next Monday at the Cannes advertising festival designed to help attendees "free their inner Elvis," according to the agency. The session, titled, "Free Elvis," will feature creative consultant and author Chris Barez-Brown and MediaCom global chief strategy officer Matthew Mee. Barez-Brown will present his "Upping Your Elvis" approach to creative leadership, which he says is designed to "unlock the power of creativity, possibility and innovation in everyone." Here's the Elvis connection per Barez-Brown: "When Bono was working to eradicate global poverty, he'd turn up at big organizations and ask, 'so who's the Elvis around ...» 0 Comments
- Conductor Appoints Caci To CFO Post
- SEO tech firm Conductor appointed Jim Caci to CFO, leading the company's finance, accounting, human resource and administration departments. Caci will focus on hiring people, partnerships and product innovations. He comes to Conductor from AvePoint, where he served as CFO. Conductor has raised more than $32 million in funding from investors Investor Growth Capital, FirstMark Capital and Matrix Partners.» 0 Comments