In my final post, I shall make Ball State University and David Letterman proud…
Top Ten Things Professional Should Know About College Students
10. Foursquare is a game we played in elementary school, not something we use on the Internet.
9. Nothing is official until Facebook says it is.
8. Twitter will never be as widely accepted as Facebook in our generation (not to say that it will not be in future generations)
7. Some of us think the iPad is just a “large-print” iTouch
6. Most professionals use more social media websites than college students do (by more, I mean total number of different sites).
5. Sometimes what we have to say is more than 140 characters.
4. We get mad when Facebook changes something.
3. Best thing about a Smartphone: You can play games on it in class.
2. Knowing where everyone is at all times is just creepy (in reference to “checking in”).
1. We do have lives outside of technology. Sometimes people forget this.
If you take nothing else away from this blog, please take this: If you want to know what a college student thinks about a product, service, etc., just ask us. We love it when people ask our opinion and we are not shy to tell you what we think.
Never assume you already know our tastes are.
Just as The Odd Couple said, “When you assume, you make an “ass” out of “u” and “me.”