Out with the old, in with the new. With the spirit of encouraging positive change, we crowd-sourced this list of 10 customer-experience annoyances everyone wishes would go away.
1. Disconnected customer service systems that require you to enter the same information again and again and again each time you switch to a new department.
2. Captchas that are so obtuse it takes five times to get it right.
3. Mobile and web sites that don’t talk to each other or remember your information, even when you ask them to.
4. Retargeted advertising that keeps selling you after you’ve already been sold.
5. Robo-callers that tell you what you already know.
6. Shopping sites that require entering convoluted discount codes.
7. Deceptive pricing.
8. Communications that don’t discern where you are in the purchase cycle.
9. Employees who lack the training and knowledge to answer basic questions.
10. Websites that offer no way to ever connect with a human for a voice conversation.
What’s missing from the list?