I have had my Gmail account for since July 17, 2007 (I actually looked back in my old emails to find the date). I have used it as my primary email account since early 2008. I have seen Gmail change and add many new features over the last 2 years. Gmail is now my favorite online tools to use on a daily basis. There are five main features that make Gmail my favorite:
1. The Archive: I have not deleted an email from my Gmail account since I started it. When I need to look back at a past email, I just search for it. I have used this numerous times and it allows me to keep track of all of my previous conversations.
2. Undo Send: Have you ever sent an email and forgot to attach a file or realized you sent it to the wrong person? Gmail has a feature that allows me to undo a sending of a message right after you send it. I have not used this feature very often, but it is always reassuring to know it will be there when I need it.
3. Video Chat: Yesterday, I used Gmail Video Chat to chat with a client for my own business. I will be taking advantage of this feature on a more regular basis in the future. It was nice to be able to meet with a client face to face while sitting in my dorm room.
4. SMS Chat: I just hate it when my phone dies. Gmail allows me not to worry about it anymore though. Since Ball State is a completely wireless campus, I can just log into my Gmail account and start texting anyone I need to. Talk about convenience.
5. Tasks: I was the kind of person who puts Post-it notes everywhere to remind me of things I need to do. Now I simply let my Gmail account take care of it for me. I simply type a to-do list in my task box and I have access to it wherever I go.
Now I know there are many more features of Google Mail I could talk about, but these are the five main features that make Gmail useful for me. I have to say Gmail make me a more organized and productive person. Therefore, I extend a big thank you to Gmail for making my life just a little bit easier.