Moreover, Country and Gospel are the only two music genres showing a sales increase over 2001. If this trend continues, Country is likely to gain share of total music sales for the year. Cognizant of its widespread appeal, a diverse range of advertisers are using Country artists or music in their advertising. This list includes Chevrolet, Revlon, the GAP, MCI and K-mart, to name a few.
2002 Country Listener Qualitative Snapshot
- 62% are in the 25-54 demographic; 67% are in the 18-49 demographic.
- The median age of a Country listener is 42.6 years.
- 66% live in metropolitan areas or suburbs
- only 34% in non-MSA areas.
- 47% have graduated high school or more.
- 62% are married; 44% have one or more child at home.
- 70% are employed full- or part-time.
- 73% live in $30,000 plus households; 49% in $50,000 plus households.
- 77% own their primary residence.
Percent Composition of Adults 18+ Population and Country's Adults 18+ Weekly Cume, M-Sun 6AM-12MID
|% of US Adult (18+) Pop||% Country Radio Adult Pop|
|Employed Full- Time||55%||60%|
|Exec/ Admin/ Manager||10%||10%|
|Tech/ Clerical/ Sales||18%||20%|
|Attended Some College or More||51%||47%|
|Median HH Income||$49,463||$49,417|