"You have to have strong offers out there in this economy," Subway CMO Tony Pace told Convenience Store News.
The NPD's CREST data for the quarter ending in June show traffic in U.S. restaurants down 0.6% and check size down 2.1% (to $6.22) versus the same period last year. (Except for China, negative restaurant trends are also in force worldwide.)
Here are some of the current QSR deals that CS News found out there:
• $10 pizzas from Pizza Hut, which has reintroduced its $10 any pizza deal.
• Domino's Artisan Pizza for $7.99, making it the first large, three-topping home-delivered pizza in memory at that price point.
• Double Burger King meals for $6.99 that include two Whoppers, two small fries and two small drinks. Also, free ice cream cones for those who order from the value menu.
• More $5 footlong sandwiches from Subway. Starting Oct. 1, customers can order any footlong sub at that price with the exception of premium subs. "You have to have strong offers out there in this economy," said Subway CMO Tony Pace.
• Mini-Blizzard meals from Dairy Queen that include a DQ GrillBurger with cheese, French fries, a medium drink and a Mini Blizzard.
• Taco Bell's 99-cent Chicken Flatbread sandwich.