Last Month Cannes Lions announced the creation of a new Lion award called the Glass Lion: The Lion For Change, designed to recognize work aimed at gender bias.
Now the Lions organization has announced the full jury that will judge the inaugural entries and select the winners which will be announced at this year’s festival in June.
Earlier ad veteran Cindy Gallop, Founder and CEO IfWeRanTheWorld/MakeLoveNotPorn was named the president of the jury.
Including Gallop, half of the jurors are from the U.S. and include:
- Susan Credle, Chief Creative
Officer, Leo Burnett - USA
- Gail Heimann, President, Weber Shandwick - USA
- Jennifer Siebel Newsom, Founder & Chief Executive Officer, The Representation Project - USA
- Elizabeth Nyamayaro, Senior Advisor to Under Secretary-General UN Women, Head @HeForShe Campaign – USA
Juros selected from outside the U.S. are:
Marcello Serpa, Partner/Co-President of the Board, AlmapBBDO - Brazil
- Catherine Emprin, Managing Director, BETC - France
- Tista Sen, National Creative Director & Senior Vice President, J. Walter Thompson - India
- Laura Jordan Bambach, Creative Partner, Mr President - UK
- Nick Bailey, Chief Executive Officer/Executive Creative Director, Isobar - UK
According to the organization, the new Lion will award work that “shatters stereotypical images of men and women which remain rooted in marketing messages.”Commenting on the jury appointments, CEO of Lions Festivals, Philip Thomas, said that they would be instrumental in helping to shape the future of the award, and, in turn, the industry. "We believe that marketing actively shapes culture, and the Glass Lion is part of our commitment to having a positive impact on this. The introduction of a new Lion is an opportunity to define both the category and what we hope the communications landscape might look like."