- 74 percent of the online population, or 115 million people, visited at least one site in the E-Mail category in May.
- The average visitor to the E-Mail category visits 12 days out of the month. 15 percent of the total time spent online by U.S. Internet users is at sites in the E-Mail category.
- The average E-Mail category visitor viewed 202 pages in May.
- Yahoo! Mail, AOL E-Mail and MSN Hotmail make up the triumvirate of Web-based e-mail, each drawing more than ten times as many visitors as any other site in E-Mail category.
- Yahoo! Mail reached 35 percent of the Internet population, or 54 million visitors, the largest audience of any E-Mail category site in May.
- The average AOL E-Mail visitor returns 12 days per month, making it the leader in usage frequency.
- Hotmail visitors view more pages on average than do visitors to Yahoo! Mail or AOL E-Mail.