There is so much talk about automation that it’s easy to lose sight of just what it can do for you. You can, for one thing, use it to change your email content on the fly, based on a number
This discipline, called adaptive marketing, is one way to fill the email relevance gap “between the time that emails are sent, opened and reopened,” states Bob
Hale, CEO of Alterian.
Let’s say you’re selling outdoor products — you can change your copy to reflect weather patterns. Or you might update your offer based on
aggregated data on the consumer. That’s only the start. Here, from Alterian, are twelve real-time adjustments you can make to your email content.
- Dynamic offers
— Adjustments to your email promotions based on your offer changes, without having to resend the messages.
- Self-adjusting offers — Adjustments based on
real-time engagement and performance metrics.
- Timed offers — Adjustments based on expiration dates.
- Time from purchase
— Changes based on purchase behavior since the time of the original email.
- Aggregated customer details — Real-time adjustments to content based on
customer details: aggregate historical information including lifetime value.
- Cross-channel clicks and browsing activity — Automated changes to content based on the
customer’s most recent click and browsing activity in any channel.
- Up-sell / cross-sell — Instant adjustments based on relevant upsell and cross-sell
- In-stock/out-of-stock — Automate real-time adjustments to email content and item pricing based on demand and remaining inventory stock
- Countdown timers — Automate real-time adjustments to email content based time countdown timers for things like events and time-sensitive
- Social media activity — Instant adjustments based on the customer’s social media activity, including likes and follows.
- Known & unknown
customer email receipts — Alterations based on email receipts from in-store purchased by either known or unknown customers.
- Weather — Email
adjustments based on current or future weather forecasts.
Alterian says it can manage all this with its Chameleon Adoptive Customer Experience platform.