Does Twitch Equal Real-Time Marketing Magic?

Google’s really onto something with Twitch, the gaming-centric online video service that it’s expected to buy at any moment. That’s according to Sarah DaVanzo, Chief Cultural Strategy Officer at Omnicom “startup” sparks & honey. Marketers need to think of Twitch as the ultimate real-time “medium for connecting with consumers,” she told OMMA Social attendees on Tuesday. Twitch streams all the top “eSports” competitions, which DaVanzo considers ideal marketing mediums. Regardless of the channel, sparks & honey takes a “70/30 approach” to real-time marketing, DaVanzo noted. For any campaign, 70% of the content is planned (and pre-approved by legal and the client), and the remaining 30% is supposed to be inspired in real real-time.

Next story loading loading..

Discover Our Publications